01-26-18 07:41 PM
52 123
tools
    Looking to possibly update my Z10 to the new BlackBerry Motion but I would like to know if any new BlackBerry models are coming in 2018??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-17 07:37 PM
    Looking to possibly update my Z10 to the new BlackBerry Motion but I would like to know if any new BlackBerry models are coming in 2018??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    The only decent intel is a new KEYtwo based on the 660 SoC purportedly coming out in the spring.
    12-29-17 07:39 PM
    You're in the right place to find out. However, at this point, there are some bits of information that there is another physical keyboard variant on its way... but no other information just yet.

If there is another full touchscreen device coming, it won't likely be for a while (think end of 2018 at the earliest) with the exception that they *could* release some variant / limited edition of the Motion. But, I repeat, there are no details about any such device at this time. Let's not start any rumours just for the heck of it now...
    12-29-17 07:41 PM
    WOW, thanks. I will be taking a closer look at the Motion then, It looks like a solid phone eh??

Posted via CB10
    12-30-17 06:26 AM
    WOW, thanks. I will be taking a closer look at the Motion then, It looks like a solid phone eh??

Posted via CB10
    It's a tough cookie with monster battery life.
    12-30-17 08:54 AM
    the blackberry motion is a great phone, I mean your so called flagship phones get slower over time , so for the price and the battery life plus the security it's a. great buy
    thesinex likes this.
    12-31-17 02:23 PM
    I am also looking at a motion to play around with. I just wish we had one here in the US we could touch and play with to help make our purchasing decision.
    12-31-17 03:02 PM
    I look forward to trying one at my local Bell store IF they have one of course.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 04:36 PM
    In think the Motion with its current specs is a great phone for me, except that I already have and like the KEYone and am still using BB10 for most of my work, so there's no way I could justify a third phone that I would only use for a couple of hours a week!

But I really like the look, specs, and features on the phone. It's biggest purported weakness, the camera, means almost nothing to me. So long as I could take a photo of a trade show booth or damage in a car accident, the camera would meet my needs.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-31-17 05:03 PM
    Looked at a Motion and they are nice but man its BIG. I wish the motion was the size of the KEYone, now I am in a stand still wait and see if they bring out another touch or just roll with a bigger phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 06:18 PM
    Hey guys there are plenty of nice phones around. Today I have tried a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. You can purchase it for 450 euro it has Snapdragon 835, 4 GB of ram and it's very fast and fluid. It us just a bit smaller then Classic and is very nice in hand. My Keyone in front of it seems e heavy giant 180 grams comparing to 140 of Sony.

Using it is a breeze with the Android Oreo. I'm thinking just to sell my Keyone and use until a small BB will be out.
    Last edited by Eno Karapici; 01-05-18 at 04:04 PM.
    01-05-18 03:23 PM
    OP, you might want to wait until mid month... after the CES 2018. BBMo got booth there. They might make some noise of the new devices. I am waiting to see what is in the pipe line (CES 2018 start Jan. 9. only few days away). This time, TCL/BBM is on their own - no more BB design. Hopefully, they build on the K1 and improve it to make better. (let's see if they got any award on their own under BB logo...).
    01-05-18 04:18 PM
    I will wait for sure. I would like a Motion phone with a smaller screen, I want to stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-18 04:45 PM
    I will wait for sure. I would like a Motion phone with a smaller screen, I want to stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I would REALLY like that, too. For me, personally, I'd rather carry a 7 inch tablet with a keyboard or a Z10-size phone than anything in between, where 99% of phones today.

01-05-18 05:01 PM
    Let's hope

Posted via CB10
    01-06-18 05:46 PM
    OP, you might want to wait until mid month... after the CES 2018.
    I wouldn't bet on it. CES isn't really for smartphones these days. Any announcements about smartphones are far more likely to be made at Mobile World Congress at the end of February.

https://www.mobileworldcongress.com
    01-11-18 01:26 AM
    BBM and TCL have booth in CES... can't see they missing such marketing oppotuniety... BB really missed the connectivity showcase yesterday - BBOS or BB server should really shine during the blackout of 2 hours at CES... (water get into the transformer? sounds like similar mistake of cables using cheap insulation in arizona... every time rains, you lost TV signal if it is heavy).
    01-11-18 06:28 AM
    Or you could buy a Moto G5 Plus for $350 Cdn on Amazon.
    01-11-18 10:33 PM
    Yes, in which case the OP likely would have posted in that forum on Android Central.

BLu likes this.
    01-12-18 07:25 AM
    Does that offer PKB?
    01-12-18 08:25 AM
    OP is coming from a Z10 . I agree that the KEYone is a decent value and a good phone. If you want a VKB there are better choices out there .
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 01-12-18 at 11:15 AM.
    01-12-18 10:48 AM
    Does that offer PKB?
    Which I think is why they scraped the rumored higher end VKB and are only doing two PKB phones next year. Just not sure there is room for three PKB BlackBerries. Especially if they do a PKB Palm...

Right now their customers are mainly consumers and for that market, PKB is their only competitive feature. They seem to be getting some Enterprise pickup based on their statements, I expect the Motion will be good enough to meet that basic demand for now. If things keep growing then hopefully they have a higher end VKB for enterprise too, that some consumer will be able to buy.

In the end, BBMo isn't going to be a company competing for consumers in general.
    01-12-18 11:13 AM
    Which I think is why they scraped the rumored higher end VKB and are only doing two PKB phones next year. Just not sure there is room for three PKB BlackBerries. Especially if they do a PKB Palm...

Right now their customers are mainly consumers and for that market, PKB is their only competitive feature. They seem to be getting some Enterprise pickup based on their statements, I expect the Motion will be good enough to meet that basic demand for now. If things keep growing then hopefully they have a higher end VKB for enterprise too, that some consumer will be able to buy.

In the end, BBMo isn't going to be a company competing for consumers in general.
    I agree. I've said I'll only get a Motion through AT&T because of DTEK fiasco. But I've bought a few AT&T (pre-paid) branded Alcatel (Ideal, Allura, Idealxcite) devices. Good enough to buy A30 Plus direct from Amazon.

Hopefully, they'll make better carrier progress compared to counterparts that have failed because of their originating country.
    01-12-18 11:23 AM
    The old BlackBerry had developed a whole infrastructure to sell and service their products with Enterprise customers . This infrastructure is no longer in place.

The only comment that I have found that relates to recent Enterprise sales was in respect to sales of the Keyone in the US market.

In the VKB market, TCL would be more successful in selling their own brand because the money TCL pays BlackBerry can be applied to improve the product.
    01-12-18 11:50 AM

PKB has a niche market and VKB is a saturated market. If TCL is focusing on PKB devices perhaps the niche for PKB is more profitable than the niche for a BB VKB. For starters VKB devices need to be priced more aggressively.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-18 08:38 PM
52 123