04-30-12 10:42 AM
105 ... 345
tools
    i have to say this is nice would like to see it with sleeker edges but the big problem is that if this is not out b4 the iphone 5 in June/jully then there fkd , im not a big bb fan but if this is real i will buy it as i do not agree what apple stand for .
    04-29-12 04:37 PM
    But the 9700's autofocus is actually software. Someone probably already examined the camera component inside it. I guess the software autofocus for the 9810 was included, but not for the 9900.
    Excuse me but the 9700 is using a true 3Mp autofocus camera (the lens is moving).
    The 9810 is also a 5Mp autofocus camera (the lens is moving).

On 9900 there is no autofocus in the camera (the lens is not moving).

It is not a SW choice. It is a HW one. Autofocus camera itself are usually thicker.
    (doesn't mean you cannot make a thin phone with AF).
    04-30-12 12:13 AM
    Excuse me but the 9700 is using a true 3Mp autofocus camera (the lens is moving).
    The 9810 is also a 5Mp autofocus camera (the lens is moving).

On 9900 there is no autofocus in the camera (the lens is not moving).

It is not a SW choice. It is a HW one. Autofocus camera itself are usually thicker.
    (doesn't mean you cannot make a thin phone with AF).
    What confuses me the most is I did use my camcorder to see if my 9700's lens would move when I took at least 9 different photos... It didn't, at least to both my camcorder and naked eyes.

Unless someone could upload some footage of it moving, a fixed focus supermacro, I'd then be more satisfied and less confused.
    04-30-12 12:24 AM
    The pic of it turned on has a folder called "Blackberry...", and BB Bridge messages unread Icon.
    That is a playbook screen superimposed, as the folder would be BB Bridge, an excellent choice for your top row of apps on a PB.
    I believe the one who posted that picture was being facetious with it anyways now that i re-read the post.....

Looks awesome though. i wont complain about design, as smartphones ARE slabs of glass theses days. It's what's inside that counts!
    04-30-12 12:58 AM
    the developer phone is just a variant of the playbook OS and not actually bb10 from what ive read.
    04-30-12 10:42 AM
105 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD