04-30-12 10:42 AM
105 ... 2345
tools
    @emirozmen, rootbrian and BB-pimp..

this device was not physically on my hands but was physically on my good freind's hands. When he was allowed to play for a bit along with PB 2.0 he told me the UI looked similar to the PB but not identical. he also said the phone's UI was a bit more smoother with the gestures. i asked for more pics and vids but the execs were pretty firm on that not happening..hahahaha
    the phone, pics and my source is not fake. believe what you want to believe but hey, it's not like it's a production phone anyways. we'll have to find out from other devs when they get the dev device at BBjam. gnite folks.
    ibby-berry likes this.
    04-28-12 04:38 AM
    What happens when you make a video of the OS lol
    Last edited by emirozmen; 04-28-12 at 04:47 AM.
    04-28-12 04:43 AM
    @emirozmen, rootbrian and BB-pimp..

the phone, pics and my source is not fake. believe what you want to believe but hey, it's not like it's a production phone anyways. we'll have to find out from other devs when they get the dev device at BBjam. gnite folks.
    Ahh, now I realize what you are getting at. It's a developer preview device, now that is radical!!
    04-28-12 04:47 AM
    Is better if your friend doesnt post a video... This can get RIM sue you and your friend.
    While all these pictures keep all of us excited, I believe a video of a yet to be released OS will get our ninja friends in trouble.

Just saying.
    04-28-12 06:17 AM
    It is soooooooooo beautiful omg!!!! It does look like a android/iphone in a case but we have to wait.
    I think the bezel could be bigger but we have to wait for any demos or reviews and wait for the actually BB10 and I think it could be real look it has a barcode so you can scan it in or out :S we have to just wait
    04-28-12 06:34 AM
    Is this the exact BB10 OS that will ship in the second half of 2012 with the official BB10 phone besides minor fixes?
    04-28-12 06:35 AM
    Why don' they just put all the dev. in a small room, lock the doors and not let them out, till they come up with a a good device that can be put on the market and sell.
    04-28-12 07:01 AM
    in just a few more days we'll have 100% confirmation at bb jam and bbworld
    04-28-12 11:20 AM
    Hmmm...the back looks a lot like the leaked London image we got in January (a design, by the way, which I loved!). If they can make it less "boxed" and thinner, I'd say that's a phone I would buy in an instant! And that's only the developer device. I can't wait to see the final product!

Thanks TRIPPIN!
    04-28-12 11:43 AM
    Looks a lot like my Playbook! Very cool, just hoping that the actual released BB10 phone has a hardware keyboard. Otherwise, I'll stick with my 9930.
    04-28-12 12:14 PM
    well if this dev device, is anything to go by, i guess future phones wont have a physical keyboard , well , here's looking forward to the s3
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    04-28-12 12:25 PM
    This is a very confusing thread to read through. It starts out with the faked box of the "London". Then, halfway in, someone posts picks of the totally unrelated developer unit. Now people are interlacing posts about the fake box with those about the developer unit. And then you have some responding to posts about one thing when it's really about the other thing.

The London? Never cared for the look. Too dated already.

The developer unit? Well, it's a developer unit and not worth talking about, really, since it has nothing to do with what the actual future devices will be like.

The one shot with the thing turned on looks promising, though.
    04-28-12 01:03 PM
    It's very much worth talking about depending on who you ask I guess.
    04-28-12 02:14 PM
    For clarification: this is directed at the developer phone.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rim launches a phone that looks very similar to this. With Rim's past, which has time and time again proven how lazy they are in terms of innovation and creativity, I would not be surprised if they just made a few minor changes to the hardware and launched it as their first BB10 phone. I don't buy that this phone is just a developer alpha device. They just aren't the type of guys to reinvent the wheel twice.
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 04-28-12 at 03:03 PM.
    04-28-12 03:00 PM
    This is just dev sample that'll be given out at BB10 Jam. It's real
    04-28-12 03:03 PM
    well if this dev device, is anything to go by, i guess future phones wont have a physical keyboard , well , here's looking forward to the s3

keyboard version is supposed to come early 2013. You really think they would abandon keyboards? Also, S3 doesn't have a keyboard, so why choose that over a BB10 touch-only phone when you can't yet evaluate how it would compare?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-28-12 03:42 PM
    @Pearl9100 it takes time and patience to innovate things. @joeldf It doesn't look outdated or dated, since it's just a developers beta.

People just have to learn to appreciate what they're seeing and look forward, as this isn't probably the finished final design. Assuming it's dated is noit the right way to go about it. Saying that about everything in a store that has new stuff, when in another country it just opened a few days ago, it's not right. Nothing is dated unless it's 10 or 20 years old. All those marketish brainwashing about "new is old" and "1 month oldis obsolete" needs to just stop. Think with your minds don't let the media run you.
    DrBit2011 and sf49ers like this.
    04-28-12 04:14 PM
    @Pearl9100 it takes time and patience to innovate things. @joeldf It doesn't look outdated or dated, since it's just a developers beta.

People just have to learn to appreciate what they're seeing and look forward, as this isn't probably the finished final design. Assuming it's dated is noit the right way to go about it. Saying that about everything in a store that has new stuff, when in another country it just opened a few days ago, it's not right. Nothing is dated unless it's 10 or 20 years old. All those marketish brainwashing about "new is old" and "1 month oldis obsolete" needs to just stop. Think with your minds don't let the media run you.
    But does Rim have the luxury of time on their side? Just look how great their sales are in the US.

And in response to your comment that I marked in red, I completely disagree. A pearl 8100 (a little over 5 years old) is very outdated compared to the 9900 or any other android or IOS phone out there. You cannot tell me that a phone with a 1.3 megapixel camera is not outdated when comparing it to phones with 5-12 megapixels cameras. I understand you are skeptical of the media, which we should be. Don't just ignore what the other side has to say and bury your head in sand. Mike L and Jim B did just that and look at where they and Rim are today...

The fact that Rim did not innovate fast enough is the reason why they are in this mess and have such bleak projections in the foreseeable future.

Tough love over here for Rim.
    Last edited by Pearl9100; 04-28-12 at 06:01 PM.
    04-28-12 05:56 PM
    But does Rim have the luxury of time on their side? Just look how great their sales are in the US.

And in response to your comment that I marked in red, I completely disagree. A pearl 8100 (a little over 5 years old) is very outdated compared to the 9900 or any other android or IOS phone out there. You cannot tell me that a phone with a 1.3 megapixel camera is not outdated when comparing it to phones with 5-12 megapixels cameras. I understand you are skeptical of the media, which we should be. But ignoring what the other side has to say and burying your head in sand do not help your case.
    Well, yeah. But even a few months old, should never be dated or obsolete. Give it (for smartphones, not feature phones), 3-6 years, forget 5 years, for things to change up. Since most higher MP camera CMOS sensors in phones are just enlarging the photo, not truly using lenses to do anything. Looking at sony's most recent EDOF zoom cameras, they use a microlens set. It's as thick as the bold 9700, it has zoom and autofocus.

But the 9700's autofocus is actually software. Someone probably already examined the camera component inside it. I guess the software autofocus for the 9810 was included, but not for the 9900.
    04-28-12 06:01 PM
    I Love it. When I was packin the HTC vivid I thought I'd be MY ultimate device if it were running BBOS7. This looks just like the viv.....I'll take 2....now!!!
    04-28-12 08:26 PM
    It would be a shock if the new BB10 Box changes up from it's original known Black Box because after all it will be a whole New Device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-28-12 08:36 PM
    OS? Does it have the OS in it?
    This looks like the one I saw a few weeks ago from a friend of mine, it is just a version of the PB OS on there at the moment. They were still just doing radio tests on the one I saw using that version (or a modified one for the specific internal modems)
    04-28-12 09:41 PM
    If you concentrate really hard and use your imagination, you can see it. If not, click the thumbnail below
    That phone rocks. I type on my Playbook in portrait mode so it would be exactly the same.
    04-28-12 09:47 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    can't wait for this!!!
    04-29-12 12:50 AM
    For clarification: this is directed at the developer phone.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rim launches a phone that looks very similar to this. With Rim's past, which has time and time again proven how lazy they are in terms of innovation and creativity, I would not be surprised if they just made a few minor changes to the hardware and launched it as their first BB10 phone. I don't buy that this phone is just a developer alpha device. They just aren't the type of guys to reinvent the wheel twice.
    Living near and having friends that live in the waterloo area I can tell you over the years rim has had many development / alpha phones that either never saw the light of day or were changed before release. Not to say you're wrong rim could very well do what you said I'm just saying they don't release everything they come up with.
    04-29-12 08:28 AM
105 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD