04-30-12 10:42 AM
105 1234 ...
tools
    dbwgrvhdhfwuh!! can we just have BB10 phones already? I'm freaking out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-27-12 11:44 AM
    It will be interesting to see what the dev units look like next week. I have my doubts that the image is real, but next week we'll see...
    04-27-12 11:47 AM
    FAKE!!! For a number of reasons. There is no consistency in the branding, the "London" font looks like a generic script font, the barcode is all wrong, and the box looks really rubbery. The device itself looks 2Dish like an outline with a badly rendered shadow. The bb logo in the front is all black, but the one on the side is a combination black and white, that is a no no. See here for what I mean about branding inconsistencies:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Trademarks
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Trademarks
    04-27-12 12:05 PM
    I call bs on this also. Every BB I have bought in the last 5 years came in a nice black box...this looks like a school project.....utter garbage if you ask me.
    04-27-12 12:48 PM
    Yep....photoshopped!
    Kandoo-BB likes this.
    04-27-12 12:58 PM
    Yep....photoshopped!
    b-b-b-busssssted!!!
    04-27-12 01:12 PM
    Hope (and do think) it's a FAKE.
    Whether it is or not : fire the box designer !
    04-27-12 01:30 PM
    My grandma's cat's brother was going down to macdonalds to buy a KFC when he bumped into his fathers ex girlfriend who said she had been upto RIM HQ on holiday and saw the exact same box..At first she thought it was bulls**t but when she looked closer it smelt like bulls**t too
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    04-27-12 01:44 PM
    source:
    I believe the BerryReview article was posted about an hour after this thread was started.

You should be able to look at the page link you posted where they give this thread the source credit at the PingBack located at the bottom of the comments.
    04-27-12 02:30 PM
    I believe the BerryReview article was posted about an hour after this thread was started.

You should be able to look at the page link you posted where they give this thread the source credit at the PingBack located at the bottom of the comments.
    Ahhh - I read the berryreview first and assumed that was the source - article indicated: "I was just emailed this picture ... emailer didnt want to be named." thanks.
    04-27-12 03:30 PM
    I'm going to be skeptical here. It doesn't look like something that RIM would make. This would be a step back from their previous retail box design. It's poorly designed, and doesn't do anything to make the phone attractive at all. The previous black boxes looks much nicer than this. So yeah, i really doubt that this is real. A box like this could be easily made by anyone.
    04-27-12 03:59 PM
    if this is the BB10 device, I know I sure as won't be buying one....and it WILL flop....what a clunky looking POS...I love the smooth curves of my Torch 9850 that sets it apart from the myriad of stupid looking BRICK-like clones....guess I'll be keeping my torch
    04-27-12 05:47 PM

Heh, that wasn't them giving CB credit. That's an automatic link because the link to BR was posted in the forum. :P
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-27-12 05:58 PM
    Heh, that wasn't them giving CB credit. That's an automatic link because the link to BR was posted in the forum. :P
    Cool. Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info.
    I do know however, that I am subscribed to the feed and I saw this post long before it was posted on BerryReview.
    04-27-12 06:01 PM
    i believe so. from the description of it...

i may have to take this down in 15 minutes..lol
    Very cool.
    04-27-12 06:20 PM

Hey no need to take those down if they're just the Alpha devices

I like the way those look. But too iPhone ish. I'd fear a lawsuit from Apple if they did put that out as the actual BB10 phone. lol
    04-27-12 06:28 PM

loving it..if this is what alpha looks like, imagine the final product..kudos RIM ..
    04-27-12 06:45 PM
    ^^^that's true. ill keep it here for a bit.
    04-27-12 06:46 PM
    ^^^that's true. ill keep it here for a bit.
    saved to my hdd just in case ..
    xkalibur2k likes this.
    04-27-12 06:50 PM
    Looks like a miniature playbook.
    04-27-12 07:11 PM
    Why is there such a huge bezel on top? The advantage of having a device that large is the large screen.
    04-27-12 07:28 PM
    looks good. i supposed the wide bezel at the top and bottom is for the internal components. I've always like the rubber back of the playbook. feels good to hold in the hand. few more days till BB world.
    04-27-12 07:40 PM
    well it's not a production phone. it's a dev phone. how ever ugly or beautiful it looks to the eye's beholder, it wouldnt matter..lol
    04-27-12 07:43 PM
    what does it say on the front? also, what angle is the first image from?
    04-27-12 08:32 PM
    Looks pretty good I think. Mini playbook would be awesome....
    04-27-12 08:39 PM
105 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD