11-06-13 06:31 PM
157 ... 4567
tools
    Felonies? Don't know where that came from.

As for your experience, I don't think it proves this app is broken for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Listen, guy.

You can sit here and try to debate it all day, and you'll still be wrong.

I posted the screenshots - multiples - over days, displaying the app failing to deliver messages. This is not worth discussing and using semantics like "don't think it proves the app is broken for everyone" won't change that. Others have posted about the same issue. These aren't just MY experiences. Others have posted about the battery drain from the app as well. Again, not just my experience.

Messaging apps are commodity, and BBM is hardly better than the others I've used. That (the latter), yes, is my experience based on my usage of other products...

Have a great day.

EDIT: One example of the issue. Search my posts for the rest. Search the forum for other examples from other people...

100 million BBM users? Really!!-8adumasu.jpg
    10-29-13 10:10 AM
    Even my daughter who is a sophomore at college is using it on her iphone to communicate with me. I think she was almost embarrassed to download it
    Wow serious self esteem issues

Posted via CB10
    khehl likes this.
    10-29-13 10:12 AM
    i find it hard to believe. 80-85 would be more in line with my thoughts. They had close to 60 already lets say so if they got 20 million they are over 80. I read the article but they didnt say how they arrived at those numbers
    You're assuming all 20million will be long term adopters. I think only 5-10% of that 20million will adopt BBM long term.
    10-29-13 11:24 AM
    You're assuming all 20million will be long term adopters. I think only 5-10% of that 20million will adopt BBM long term.
    I am not sure how they are doing their numbers but they announced 80 million this morning. I think that is "active users" also. You are right the adoption rate will be different than the download rate. I think it would be much higher than you project though. The 100 million number was pulled from someones behind basically as the BEST outcome in that every invite went out was then a "active user" and we see that is not the case obviously
    10-29-13 11:56 AM
    I'm optimistic. I think 20 million active users in a week is pretty good. I hope they can keep it up. I now have several android and a couple iphone friends/relatives using it and there have been no issues so far. That includes pretty heavy usage as some have pretty much stopped texting at all and mainly BBM now. Everyone seems to love the speed of it and the speed of music and pic sharing. We've even started a couple groups. So from my end it has been a good experience so far.
    10-29-13 12:07 PM
    See its news like these that set expectations too high, and when real results are reported boooom stock crash
    10-29-13 05:25 PM
    Listen, guy.

You can sit here and try to debate it all day, and you'll still be wrong.

I posted the screenshots - multiples - over days, displaying the app failing to deliver messages. This is not worth discussing and using semantics like "don't think it proves the app is broken for everyone" won't change that. Others have posted about the same issue. These aren't just MY experiences. Others have posted about the battery drain from the app as well. Again, not just my experience.

Messaging apps are commodity, and BBM is hardly better than the others I've used. That (the latter), yes, is my experience based on my usage of other products...

Have a great day.

EDIT: One example of the issue. Search my posts for the rest. Search the forum for other examples from other people...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8adumasu.jpg 
Views:	721 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	215338
    Perhaps it's your phone?

Also, did you notice WhatsApp was down today? I assume you are on Android Central crapping all over WhatsApp for its subpar performance.

I've been continuing to add iOS and Android contacts and everything continues to go smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:32 PM
    See its news like these that set expectations too high, and when real results are reported boooom stock crash
    Good point. It's hard to ever find a measured response when it comes to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:33 PM
    If BBM has 60M active users on BB phones, does that mean that practically everyone who owns a BB phone is an active BBM user?
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-29-13 05:58 PM
    Perhaps it's your phone?

Also, did you notice WhatsApp was down today? I assume you are on Android Central crapping all over WhatsApp for its subpar performance.

I've been continuing to add iOS and Android contacts and everything continues to go smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    I don't use whatsapp. Please try harder. And yes I have opinions about Hangouts there. Go use search and you'll see them. I don't change just cause the brand I'm Discussing changes. That's for you fanbois. I'm above that pettiness.

My phone is fine... Will you try everything hoping something sticks?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-29-13 06:26 PM
    I don't use whatsapp. Please try harder. And yes I have opinions about Hangouts there. Go use search and you'll see them. I don't change just cause the brand I'm Discussing changes. That's for you fanbois. I'm above that pettiness.

My phone is fine... Will you try everything hoping something sticks?

Then maybe you would be willing to try BBM again now that the initial glut of activations has gone through. Perhaps it would work for you and could help these other posters who had issues.

Saying it might be your phone wasn't petty, it was an honest thought that perhaps older phones with different OS versions have issues with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:33 PM
    Then maybe you would be willing to try BBM again now that the initial glut of activations has gone through. Perhaps it would work for you and could help these other posters who had issues.

Saying it might be your phone wasn't petty, it was an honest thought that perhaps older phones with different OS versions have issues with BBM.

Posted via CB10
    The pettiness I'm talking about is bashing one product because I have an agenda. I'm equally critical of all products I use.

The WP forumers begged me to sell my phone so they can keep their head buried in the sand.

10-29-13 06:36 PM
    The pettiness I'm talking about is bashing one product because I have an agenda. I'm equally critical of all products I use.

The WP forumers begged me to sell my phone so they can keep their head buried in the sand.

Well I'm not going to review your body of work to confirm you are critical of every platform, but it would be interesting to see if a new install of BBM works for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 06:53 PM
    Well I'm not going to review your body of work to confirm you are critical of every platform, but it would be interesting to see if a new install of BBM works for you.

Posted via CB10
    I may try on the next day or so.

10-29-13 06:54 PM
    If BBM has 60M active users on BB phones, does that mean that practically everyone who owns a BB phone is an active BBM user?
    not at all..even at close to 80 million active BB user there was only 55-60 million BBm users
    10-29-13 08:05 PM
    I'm not questioning or doubting those who say it is not working right for them, but this is not the experience of all. I have no idea what could be making the difference, but between my wife and I (She on iPhone 4s, me on Z10), BBM has worked perfectly for the few days we have been using it. I can't wait for voice and video so that we can communicate with her family in the Philippines. As soon as voice and video go live, I'll have them all download it to their phones - but I won't bother them with it until then. Voice and video will make it unquestionably compelling. Right now they are using (or TRYING to use) Viber. While it may be better then nothing, it is not working well at all and they are frustrated by it.
    Yeah. The folks I an using it with have no real complaints. One friend got bitten by the Apple update font issue. She installed the updated BBM and kept on trucking.

I just told everyone that downloaded it to give it a few weeks for issues to settle.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-30-13 03:33 PM
    A colleague of mine showed me his Whatsapp contact list today - he had at least 30 or more - and a bunch of them had the "switching to BBM" status showing. He told me he wasn't going to download BBM, but after his contact list dwindles down he may have no choice. You basically have to go with the flow when it comes to instant messaging.

What's surprised me so far is my Facebook pals haven't posted anything on Facebook in the week they've had BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:07 PM
    I may try on the next day or so.

Any update on this?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:56 AM
    Any update on this?

Posted via CB10
    Nope.

Google is replacing messaging with Hangouts that does IM, SMS/MMS, (Group) Video Calling, and (Soon) VoIP so I am sticking with that.

Android 4.3 comes with the app built in and it's available as an update to Talk that most people have installed, as well as for iOS, so it's less of a headache to push it. It does 720p video conferencing now as well.

A bit burnt out on "trying" things out for the moment, and kind of prefer something that is fully usable from a PC as well.

:-(

10-31-13 02:35 PM
    Nope.

Google is replacing messaging with Hangouts that does IM, SMS/MMS, (Group) Video Calling, and (Soon) VoIP so I am sticking with that.

Android 4.3 comes with the app built in and it's available as an update to Talk that most people have installed, as well as for iOS, so it's less of a headache to push it. It does 720p video conferencing now as well.

A bit burnt out on "trying" things out for the moment, and kind of prefer something that is fully usable from a PC as well.

:-(

Well given your comments two things are apparent:

1. BBM was not the app for you. You are a Hangouts guy, no prob.

2. You really put minimal effort into trying this app, and apparently spent more time bashing it than trying it.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 04:18 PM
    Well given your comments two things are apparent:

1. BBM was not the app for you. You are a Hangouts guy, no prob.

2. You really put minimal effort into trying this app, and apparently spent more time bashing it than trying it.

Posted via CB10
    1. Hangouts default app. More android and iOS users than BB. Those users have extremely little incentive to install BBM. They aren't going to reinstall for me to try it again. And with no one I know using it, the service us worthless so why even bother?

I only just today updated Talk to Hangouts and created a Google+ profile. Before, I used Facebook and SMS/MMS pretty much nothing else except ChatOn here and there.

Google updated and made it better. When that happens, options get reevaluated. This is all normal for the average human being. I didn't make BB launch the service in the state it did...

Not sure how you're getting to that.

2. I put more effort than many others will, and BlackBerry posted in the other thread acknowledging the issues so I guess you can fathom what I think about your opinion at this point.

10-31-13 05:05 PM
    I can't speak on his behalf, but I know that I have put a lot of effort into test driving the app. The app definitely leaves a lot to be desired. It's functional, but not without an inordinate amount of babysitting.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    10-31-13 05:23 PM
    1. Hangouts default app. More android and iOS users than BB. Those users have extremely little incentive to install BBM. They aren't going to reinstall for me to try it again. And with no one I know using it, the service us worthless so why even bother?

I only just today updated Talk to Hangouts and created a Google+ profile. Before, I used Facebook and SMS/MMS pretty much nothing else except ChatOn here and there.

Google updated and made it better. When that happens, options get reevaluated. This is all normal for the average human being. I didn't make BB launch the service in the state it did...

Not sure how you're getting to that.

2. I put more effort than many others will, and BlackBerry posted in the other thread acknowledging the issues so I guess you can fathom what I think about your opinion at this point.

Well, the ratings on iOS and Android, in addition to the number of downloads seems to completely invalidate your opinion, but hey, keep on hating as that's clearly what you come here to do.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:45 PM
    Well, the ratings on iOS and Android, in addition to the number of downloads seems to completely invalidate your opinion, but hey, keep on hating as that's clearly what you come here to do.

Posted via CB10
    Use experience matters to me.

Only my review is relevant to me.

10-31-13 06:41 PM
    I have doubts about 100M users on BBM. The BBM app for iOS is now in 25th in the US App Store. I've never seen a top 10 app drop so fast. I mean, Candy Crush is still up there in 12th. This is with the addition of millions of new iPhone around the world, one would assume a portion of which are new users, who tend to download anything and everything that's free.
    11-03-13 12:06 AM
157 ... 4567