11-06-13 05:31 PM
157 ... 34567
tools
    Agreed. Half of my messages sent just stay with the box checked off next to the message and never actually deliver. I have to retype the message again. It is also very bad for me on 3G and LTE. Only WiFi works the most consistently, but even then sometimes messages don't deliver for minutes.

My Z10 doesn't have this problem, they need to make it this way for iOS. They need to get rid of some of the app breaking bugs that they keep causing as well. Test the damn app better.
    Yea, I got about 5 people to try it and we went scurrying back to what we used before because the reliability was way off. Two of us used to use BB devices (Legacy), and it totally blew us away how bad the experience was...
    10-28-13 09:02 AM
    The original point was I was replying to someone who said something about, who would use Bbm when there's X. Answer to the question, people who don't use X. Easy enough?

Posted via CB10
    But both are available, so it doesn't matter what someone uses.

Why should someone who doesn't use BBM use BBM, by your logic. They don't use it, so why should they even care?

People don't use things until they actually decide to use them.
    raysgrumpy and Etios like this.
    10-28-13 09:03 AM
    I recently went on to BBM.com to have my Gmail account linked so that I could send a BBM invite to all of my friends, as well as post my PIN on Facebook. I think Crackberry / Blackberry should have an contest as an incentive for the BB user who can add the most BBM contacts. I'm not sure if this is trackable, but what if through my contacts, I added another 100 downloads to BBM that might not have downloaded it otherwise. It would be a fun little contest that could really grow the BBM platform.
    xBURK likes this.
    10-28-13 09:08 AM
    The problem is, he's right. The iOS version is buggy and doesn't work properly all the time. That's my experience. Apple people don't have the emotional attachment that Blackberry people do for BBM. If it doesn't work properly, they'll delete it. As am i.
    That's true, and something I don't think a lot of people understand. Most people buy phones with a 1st party solution that works pretty well, and use accounts that give them access to a great alternative (i.e. Hangouts if you are a Google+/Gmail User, Skype if you are an Outlook.com/Microsoft User).

If the app doesn't work properly, then "dealing" with the frustration that brings simply is not worth the headache. I dropped it after 2 days. The chronic message delivery failures simply was not working for us. We are going to try out Hangouts, though, cause I don't feel like paying for Skype Premium for Group Video Calling :-P
    10-28-13 09:13 AM
    @Kevinnugent "The problem is, he's right. The iOS version is buggy and doesn't work properly all the time. That's my experience. Apple people don't have the emotional attachment that Blackberry people do for BBM. If it doesn't work properly, they'll delete it. As am i"

Well, I'm a "Multi-platformer" and happen to be an Apple person and don't agree with you. Your BBM experience is not representative of all Apple people. You can't jump to unsubstantiated conclusion.
    10-28-13 09:19 AM
    @Kevinnugent "The problem is, he's right. The iOS version is buggy and doesn't work properly all the time. That's my experience. Apple people don't have the emotional attachment that Blackberry people do for BBM. If it doesn't work properly, they'll delete it. As am i"

Well, I'm a "Multi-platformer" and happen to be an Apple person and don't agree with you. Your BBM experience is not representative of all Apple people. You can't jump to unsubstantiated conclusion.
    I'm sticking with it because I really want BBM to succeed. So in other words I am not your typical casual impartial user.

The app is buggy, incomplete and, in my experiments with it at least, uses a lot of battery. These are things that BlackBerry can fix, and I'm sure they will if they have the right caliber of iOS and Android developers.

A casual user, who isn't rooting for BBM, might not be willing to wait for that. We'll see how it works out over the next several weeks.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-28-13 09:31 AM

I'm not questioning or doubting those who say it is not working right for them, but this is not the experience of all. I have no idea what could be making the difference, but between my wife and I (She on iPhone 4s, me on Z10), BBM has worked perfectly for the few days we have been using it. I can't wait for voice and video so that we can communicate with her family in the Philippines. As soon as voice and video go live, I'll have them all download it to their phones - but I won't bother them with it until then. Voice and video will make it unquestionably compelling. Right now they are using (or TRYING to use) Viber. While it may be better then nothing, it is not working well at all and they are frustrated by it.
    10-28-13 09:40 AM
    There is no more line. Tell him to have at it.

Posted via CB10
    I did.

He shot back - a screenshot of the app (from his IOS 7 phone) telling him he was still in-queue.
    10-28-13 12:24 PM
    I remove BBM from my iOS device - contains too many bugs, drain battery, cannot disable group notifications. But BBRY count me as active user?
    10-28-13 01:13 PM
    The use a simple formula to come up with these numbers. It's taught at all modern Business Schools. Simply just make it up you don't need to prove anything just make it up. Like Thor does.
    kevinnugent and techvisor like this.
    10-28-13 01:17 PM
    60 million BlackBerry BBM users + the low end of the 10-50 million installs on Google play + the #1 app in most countries Apple iTunes stores + Samsung app store numbers. I can easily see it getting 100 million by Monday.
    10-28-13 01:20 PM
    I remove BBM from my iOS device - contains too many bugs, drain battery, cannot disable group notifications. But BBRY count me as active user?
    No, I don't think so. In fact I have seen no claims about "active users" at all from BlackBerry, but of course I might have missed it. Where did they say that?
    10-28-13 01:26 PM
    Yea, I got about 5 people to try it and we went scurrying back to what we used before because the reliability was way off. Two of us used to use BB devices (Legacy), and it totally blew us away how bad the experience was...
    Well I've added 14 contacts, mixed on iPhone and Android. So far I've had zero complaints about the issues you "have".

Funny how the same negative people come here over and over again.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 01:53 PM
    Well I've added 14 contacts, mixed on iPhone and Android. So far I've had zero complaints about the issues you "have".

Funny how the same negative people come here over and over again.

Posted via CB10
    And the same defenders?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    10-28-13 01:54 PM
    BBM cross platfrom big success = devices android and IOS
    more salable success... but BB10 devices success??? BB devices 7 success??
    new customers (BBM) be happy BUT what existing OLD customers feel happy?
    10-28-13 01:55 PM
    And the same defenders?

I'd rather defend something I like than troll websites to get kicks.

Posted via CB10
    R Field and xBURK like this.
    10-28-13 01:57 PM
    I'd rather defend something I like than troll websites to get kicks.

Posted via CB10
    You rather troll and pretend you're not cause the other trolls agree with you, since you're all defending the same stuff ;-)

10-28-13 01:58 PM
    You rather troll and pretend you're not cause the other trolls agree with you, since you're all defending the same stuff ;-)

Well I have 14 new contacts, which is more than the five you had. All are working well, so perhaps your experience isn't indicative of other users. Or perhaps you had a predetermined position before you even tried the app.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 02:03 PM
    Well I have 14 new contacts, which is more than the five you had. All are working well, so perhaps your experience isn't indicative of other users. Or perhaps you had a predetermined position before you even tried the app.

Posted via CB10
    That's cause the rest don't care about it. I'm not committing felonies to make people Install a redundant app that doesn't even work properly.

If I had notions they had a great chance to prove me wrong. That's not my fault.

I provided proof if the issues. You're providing useless banter. I don't have time to debate this with you.

10-28-13 02:04 PM
    That's cause the rest don't care about it. I'm not committing felonies to make people Install a redundant app that doesn't even work properly.

If I had notions they had a great chance to prove me wrong. That's not my fault.

I provided proof if the issues. You're providing useless banter. I don't have time to debate this with you.

Felonies? Don't know where that came from.

As for your experience, I don't think it proves this app is broken for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 02:13 PM
    I've have suggested BBM to several of my friends, family and work colleagues (10+). Most have installed it and are enjoying it. I have not heard any complaints, but one iPhone user did note that if they force close BBM then messages won't come through properly, so note that BBM must be running to be able to function, makes sense.

Personally I think brining BBM cross platform highlights BlackBerry again, A lot of people have all but forgotten BlackBerry and now realize that yes there are still BlackBerry Phones and BB10 looks pretty cool. So BlackBerry fans can hope for the best.
    10-28-13 02:15 PM
    10 million, 20m, 30m....I don't really care. Clearly it's a success. You know it's a success when the press is actually saying good things about it. That's all that matters. What the real number is irrelavent. Nobody knows what the number is, other than BB. So I'm not sure why everyone is arguing back and forth about numbers. Who cares! BBM is getting downloaded, people are using it and some people are not. Some people seem to have issues, some have not. The amount of people on this thread is a tiny fraction of the total amount of users who have downloaded BBM. a few people have issues, so that means everyone does? Others say it's flawless, so that means it's flawless for everyone? No. It's your own experience. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you like it, use it and share it and tell people about it.

Either way, typing this is 5 minutes of my life I won't ever get back. Now, let me get back to BBM'ing from my Z30 to my brother who is on an iphone, who loves BBM. B-bye.
    solitude1984 likes this.
    10-28-13 02:15 PM
    - Blackberry user for >10+ years
    - BBM user - 4 days

All of my BBM contacts are on ios or android and they are having no issues. All setup since Friday. Even my daughter who is a sophomore at college is using it on her iphone to communicate with me. I think she was almost embarrassed to download it, but now she loves it.

I was at a dinner party Saturday night and I was talking about BBM going cross platform and we spent the next hour downloading the app and adding each other. None of them BB users and I was shocked at how excited they were, particularly the ones who were former BB users. Since then, I have not seen a regular text message from any of them - exclusively BBM. Oddly, they hadn't even heard it was cross platform until I mentioned it which was not surprising since I am in the US.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    10-28-13 02:38 PM
    Chuckle, and I just got a BBM PIN invite from one of our service guys iPhones... these are the crew that give me endless grief for using BB and love their iPhones to death. We now have a BBM group set up for our work service employees.

Wasn't expecting this...
    R Field likes this.
    10-28-13 03:23 PM
    I did.

He shot back - a screenshot of the app (from his IOS 7 phone) telling him he was still in-queue.
    Did he force close it or better yet delete it and try again?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 03:33 PM
157 ... 34567