11-06-13 06:31 PM
157 ... 23456 ...
tools
    The only reasonable thing is to quit the internet and wait until BlackBerry has been purchased, made into a perfect company, given up on everything else and decides to publicly announce every single detail about BBM and about the launch of BB10 and how it all went this magical way.

Seems legit.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-27-13 05:15 PM
    Why wouldn't people download it?

It is a free app! Of course people will download it. That was never a question. The question is - How many people will keep it and continue to use it over time? I can only speak on what I've experienced personally, and as far as I know, every single person I've got to try the app has already uninstalled it and went back to SMS/MMS, Whatsapp, KIK or Google Hangouts.
    My experience has been the exact opposite. I'm surprised how many android and ios friends have dropped texting and other messengers after trying BBM. I don't blame them though. It is fast and slick.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and southlander like this.
    10-27-13 05:37 PM
    Same here, I converted 19people and closed my WhatsApp account.
    How did you close your account? I tried to follow their instructions but they tell me to click a button that doesn't exist on the app.
    10-27-13 05:38 PM
    Why wouldn't people download it?

It is a free app! Of course people will download it. That was never a question. The question is - How many people will keep it and continue to use it over time? I can only speak on what I've experienced personally, and as far as I know, every single person I've got to try the app has already uninstalled it and went back to SMS/MMS, Whatsapp, KIK or Google Hangouts.

I've never heard of anyone using KIK or Google Hangouts (MA/CT)
    10-27-13 05:44 PM
    I've never heard of anyone using KIK or Google Hangouts (MA/CT)
    I can do that too. I haven't heard of anyone that I know using BBM in at least 3 years (Central FL.) I use Hangouts all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    cwalt2166 and m1a1mg like this.
    10-27-13 06:05 PM
    I can do that too. I haven't heard of anyone that I know using BBM in at least 3 years (Central FL.) I use Hangouts all the time.

I think we can all do that given our experiences and situations are all so different.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    10-27-13 06:11 PM
    Well I loved the app the first hour, but then messages are not being sent fast. Having alot of issues with delay. Same is being reported by friends of mine using it. Its frustrating and just makes me want to delete the app. Hopefully an update an correct these issues.

I also can not stand the fact that it has that BBM logo on the top of my notification bar. I want it off
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    10-27-13 06:36 PM
    Well I loved the app the first hour, but then messages are not being sent fast. Having alot of issues with delay. Same is being reported by friends of mine using it. Its frustrating and just makes me want to delete the app. Hopefully an update an correct these issues.

I also can not stand the fact that it has that BBM logo on the top of my notification bar. I want it off
    Check the app settings. I can turn it off for my S3
    10-27-13 07:42 PM

Agreed. Half of my messages sent just stay with the box checked off next to the message and never actually deliver. I have to retype the message again. It is also very bad for me on 3G and LTE. Only WiFi works the most consistently, but even then sometimes messages don't deliver for minutes.

My Z10 doesn't have this problem, they need to make it this way for iOS. They need to get rid of some of the app breaking bugs that they keep causing as well. Test the damn app better.
    10-27-13 08:14 PM
    Can BBRY somehow monetize BBM?
    BBRY already monetized me with BBM because I had a taste of it on my Android device, I wanted to use the 'real thing' on a real BlackBerry device. So I bought a Q10.
    xBURK, khehl, dusdal and 5 others like this.
    10-27-13 08:17 PM

The original point was I was replying to someone who said something about, who would use Bbm when there's X. Answer to the question, people who don't use X. Easy enough?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:21 PM

I think it is possible to take out the logo on the top (for Android), at least a colleague was complaining and than he said he was able to... check the options.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:47 PM
    i think is 350MM downloads
    10-27-13 09:25 PM
    Well i think that's where BlackBerry and the BBM team is for, they have to keep improving the app, once they can offer in cross platform: a better way to invite everyone in your contact list, video and voice chat, and more customization plus BBM channels, it will be the best messaging app out there, so i think is a matter of time now for BBM to become number one, they can pull this up, but they have to hurry cause technology changes fast, and i'm sure that WhatsApp folks are not with their arms crossed and that they are already trying to find a way to offer video and voice chat among other stuff.
    10-27-13 09:33 PM
    Yes, the BBM icon can be removed, but you run the risk of not receiving messages as they are delivered, as the app will shut down after a certain amount of time.

The icon is there to tell you BBM is running in the background and has to be there because BlackBerry does not use Google's cloud services for push notifications.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    10-27-13 09:48 PM
    N4BB is reporting that the amount of users on BBM will hit 100 million, with in excess of 45 million on IOS and android.

This is way too high and i can't see this being true.. 80-85 million is more reasonable.

Goodbye BBM Line, and Hello 100+ Million Users - N4BB

What do you guys think

Posted via CB10
    I guess that could be possible with BBM only. No one knows for sure how many iPhone and Android users have downloaded, installed and are using BBM on their devices. But I am sure BBRY is kicking themselves right now for not charging $0.99 for the application because even if only 20 million downloaded it 20 million extra cash would look good on them! Maybe the next version if it has video, wifi, and channel support will be fee based...who knows!
    10-27-13 11:03 PM
    I guess that could be possible with BBM only. No one knows for sure how many iPhone and Android users have downloaded, installed and are using BBM on their devices. But I am sure BBRY is kicking themselves right now for not charging $0.99 for the application because even if only 20 million downloaded it 20 million extra cash would look good on them! Maybe the next version if it has video, wifi, and channel support will be fee based...who knows!
    20 million people wouldn't have downloaded it if they charged.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 11:09 PM

Get used to it. The berry rules...
    Maybe it is trying to take the ownership of your phone and make it a BlackBerry.

Haha, kidding...

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    10-28-13 01:44 AM
    ok armcahir CEo (note the common o carefully)
    The problem is, he's right. The iOS version is buggy and doesn't work properly all the time. That's my experience. Apple people don't have the emotional attachment that Blackberry people do for BBM. If it doesn't work properly, they'll delete it. As am i.
    Poirots Progeny and Etios like this.
    10-28-13 02:04 AM
    i find it hard to believe. 80-85 would be more in line with my thoughts. They had close to 60 already lets say so if they got 20 million they are over 80. I read the article but they didnt say how they arrived at those numbers
    Well, it is at the #2 most-downloaded free app on iOS (for the U.S.), and is currently I believe still the #1 free download World-wide.

I've been a member of the "60 million" club for quite some time. Just used BBM/BlackBerry Messenger for the first time...yesterday. I'm sure I am not the only long-time BB user to never use it.
    10-28-13 02:06 AM
    True, but whatsapp is at 250 million downloads - not active users. So for comparative purposes it's fine. I would also bet that bbm users r more active than whatsapp

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    Why would they be more active? Where do you guys base this kind of nonsense on? Does it mean users of Wechat, Line, etc etc, who have significantly more users compared to BBM are sleeping?
    10-28-13 03:52 AM
    At least BBM is still alive
    10-28-13 04:19 AM
    Or is it?

I have a friend on IOS who I am trying to get to convert -- for the last week.

He STILL is being told he's not to the front of the line. Yes, it's been nearly a week, and the app still says he's NOT to the front of the line.

Well, if you download and can't use, why would you bother?

I think BBM is a better way to message, but if you can't get connected with your friends why bother?
    10-28-13 09:12 AM
    Or is it?

I have a friend on IOS who I am trying to get to convert -- for the last week.

He STILL is being told he's not to the front of the line. Yes, it's been nearly a week, and the app still says he's NOT to the front of the line.

Well, if you download and can't use, why would you bother?

I think BBM is a better way to message, but if you can't get connected with your friends why bother?
    There is no more line. Tell him to have at it.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:21 AM
    True, but whatsapp is at 250 million downloads - not active users. So for comparative purposes it's fine. I would also bet that bbm users r more active than whatsapp

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    What platforms are you counting? WhatsApp is on everything:

iOS
    Android
    Windows Phone
    Blackberry OS
    Blackberry 10
    Symbian
    Nokia Asha Phones
    etc.

I guarantee you it has probably gotten about 450M+ downloads.

They have 350M Monthly Active Users.

BBM has been out on iOS/Android for about a week only, so you'll have to wait a couple months to see how well they are retaining those early adopters (most of which are current or former BB users - a lot of people downloaded it multiple times to put it on multiple devices they own all using different BBIDs belonging to the same person - you cannot do that to the same extent with WhatsApp as it requires a smartphone with a phone number).
    Etios likes this.
    10-28-13 09:53 AM
157 ... 23456 ...