02-14-14 09:01 AM
88 1234
tools
    Does anyone know what form factor the Ontario will have? I know a large screen is rumoured but that doesn't preclude a slider of some description.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    There have been no mention of a slider and given all the recent talk about new bb10 devices a slider is not one of them. The slider will be a niche product at best and I can only see blackberry releasing a slider if a carrier is willing to accept one and only once the handset division is in the black. Going forward Chen is determine to make sure that the four divisions can carry their own weight and not lose money.
    02-08-14 03:56 AM
    That geek bench that leaked I'm betting that was just a prototype, only ment for testing early versions of 10.3. Also there seems to be octa core in the future.

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-planning-...t-device-2015/

Side note : with all this innovation it seems like nobody but apple is really spending money on new battery tech! Everybody solution is just put a bigger battery in.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 07:22 AM
    Unknown - Geekbench Browser

check this , 2.15 GHz quad core & 2 GB ram. OH also runs on BlackBerry 10 OS 127.0.2.914
    02-08-14 07:36 AM
    I'm disappointed at the 2GB RAM, at least 3GB.

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    Just curious, why are you disappointed? Care to explain in more detail? More just for the sake of being more, is not a good enough reason.
    02-08-14 08:12 AM
    GTiLeo - thanks for the correction; yup the note 3 has the 800 processor ( i get confused between the two - i have an office sanctioned note 3)

RubberChicken76 - multitasking is pretty similar to what the playbook does; it depends on the launcher you are using. The orientation of all the open apps is vertical and you can flick left or right to switch them off. Basically, multitasking is really very good and, if the app allows, toy can have it running and do something in a different app (like youtube streaming music and video in the background whilst writing an email). You can also have two apps on the screen at the same time! Like a youtube video playing whilst you are writing that email. Only the Samsung phones can do this, i believe, and it is cool

I would love to see bb10 do this - don't know if it is possible though.

Sorry i am not a computer chap so forgive the odd description above - and corrections more than welcome (and needed lol).

As for more ram, and more multitasking and background processing, i just hope the battery is not affected detrimentally!

Bb10 needs 2gb minimum - i don't know of that is a lack optimisation or what, but either way that is the baseline. I imagine bb must have optimised the battery for that baseline. I don't know how having more would affect that battery life... Would love to see a superfreak bb with 3gb and the 805 snapdragon processor and all the good stuff. Just because i am a geek. Don't hate me

Sent from Tapatalk
    02-08-14 09:18 AM
    For my own curiosity, can you switch the multitasking between apps running and apps pausing, like on the PlayBook?
    This is a video of the 1.5-year-old Note II:
    02-08-14 10:48 AM
    And this shows you the improvements on the Note III:
    02-08-14 10:49 AM

Side note : with all this innovation it seems like nobody but apple is really spending money on new battery tech! Everybody solution is just put a bigger battery in.

Posted via CB10
    Motorola devoted a whole core in the Moto X to work on power management. I was hoping to see more of this kind of approach since battery technology seems to be stuck where it is for the moment. I hope Lenovo sees what Google saw.

@Tony Tiscareno OT but I love ColdFusTion
    02-08-14 11:24 AM
    All the RAM you are not using is just sitting there and does nothing to speed anything up. If you are not seeing your phone maxing out 2 GB having "extra " sitting doing nothing is still having extra sitting doing nothing. More on board memory for Apps is something that may come in useful but more RAM at this point in time is just a number...it will not do anything to speed up your BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and Lostboy5151 like this.
    02-08-14 11:31 AM
    They have. This feature is in future releases.
    my point exactly, its not that the hardware won't allow it its that it hasn't been built in and personally i think thats fine, i think the feature would be better for hooking up and using a TV/projector/monitor with the HDMI out, it'll allow one thing to be done on the large screen and smaller things on the deviceone thing being the keyboard or bbm or e mails so it doesnt interupt a presentation or video.

the thing about BB10s RAM is that its the main OS running the RAM up, if BB10 had a built in memory sweeper it would be much better, but the thing is most applications do not run more then 100MB of RAM the largest i have ever run was the browser and that is loading up all its capabilities to make a better browsing experience, but some of the more software/hardware intesive games barely come in at 50MB. running out of RAM even though the main system may be using 350MB is something i don't see happening any time soon with any of the mobile apps availible, and honestly even if PC apps were loaded i don't see even those pushing past, my PC has two GB and its running windows7 and even playing WoW with dual monitors i have yet to push it so hard that apps start to crash out. so for those that think 2GB or RAM is not enough, please keep dreaming
    02-08-14 11:39 AM
    GTiLeo - thanks for the correction; yup the note 3 has the 800 processor ( i get confused between the two - i have an office sanctioned note 3)

RubberChicken76 - multitasking is pretty similar to what the playbook does; it depends on the launcher you are using. The orientation of all the open apps is vertical and you can flick left or right to switch them off. Basically, multitasking is really very good and, if the app allows, toy can have it running and do something in a different app (like youtube streaming music and video in the background whilst writing an email). You can also have two apps on the screen at the same time! Like a youtube video playing whilst you are writing that email. Only the Samsung phones can do this, i believe, and it is cool

I would love to see bb10 do this - don't know if it is possible though.

Sorry i am not a computer chap so forgive the odd description above - and corrections more than welcome (and needed lol).

As for more ram, and more multitasking and background processing, i just hope the battery is not affected detrimentally!

Bb10 needs 2gb minimum - i don't know of that is a lack optimisation or what, but either way that is the baseline. I imagine bb must have optimised the battery for that baseline. I don't know how having more would affect that battery life... Would love to see a superfreak bb with 3gb and the 805 snapdragon processor and all the good stuff. Just because i am a geek. Don't hate me

Sent from Tapatalk
    its possible for BB10 to have split screen feature, the SGS3 is able to do it and its the same hardware as the Q10 and z10 its mearly about coding
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    02-08-14 12:03 PM
    All the RAM you are not using is just sitting there and does nothing to speed anything up. If you are not seeing your phone maxing out 2 GB having "extra " sitting doing nothing is still having extra sitting doing nothing. More on board memory for Apps is something that may come in useful but more RAM at this point in time is just a number...it will not do anything to speed up your BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    it'll burn more battery life if its sitting there not doing anything, even when not in use the RAM is still drawing power
    02-08-14 12:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple??? It would be awesome if you had any source links for that claim, would love to check it out, it would restore my broken faith in Apple products and their batteries. If you're talking about the current devices out there, the only reason the iPhone is getting battery life close to it's rivals that have larger batteries is due to optimization. Remember, Apple owns their hardware and software from end to end, so they know how to maximize it to it's full potential.

Everyone else doesn't have that opportunity unfortunately.

If anyone is spending money on battery tech, it's definitely Google who was last in talks with Eesha Khare. If anyone doesn't know who she is, you're not on top of your battery research as you thought you were.
    02-08-14 12:10 PM
    As the thread goes, people want more and more spec on the phone. When it does comes out of course some of you will be disappointed and complain not enough specs.If your ideal phone is always one step ahead of an actual developed phone you will never be satisfy regardless of what devices you use.
    02-08-14 12:51 PM
    IF said octocore with 1066mhz L2 4MB Cache is to be believed as a running internal prototype ... I'm VERY curious if BlackBerry is looking to have some sort of corporate desktop suite OS on a mobile device?!!

SAP's CRM One suite & BB10 using a different UI (consider the amount of apps for BBOS/BB10 SAP has, the two high profile former SAP employees hired by Mr. Chen, and now these specs leaked in testing)
    - MicroHDMI connecting to a huge LCD,
    BT connected keyboard and mouse,
    Auto orientation to desktop mode,
    LTE & WiFi connected to corporate LAN due to BES10 connection allows for office, home, hotel, or sports bar productivity (yeah on the latter lol).

We've already seen many users on the threads trying the last 4 I've posted above so I'm VERY curious!
    02-08-14 01:22 PM
    I don't really care about the processor speed, but bigger and faster internal memory would be nice. And 3GB of RAM as my browser is running out of memory with around five tabs and other apps opened. And memory consumption of updated Android runtimes, new features and more headless apps can only increase.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 01:42 PM
    Just curious, why are you disappointed? Care to explain in more detail? More just for the sake of being more, is not a good enough reason.
    Because with 2GB we barely get a few MBs left to use on our current devices. What about more headless apps in a near feature?

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    02-08-14 02:18 PM
    my point exactly, its not that the hardware won't allow it its that it hasn't been built in and personally i think thats fine, i think the feature would be better for hooking up and using a TV/projector/monitor with the HDMI out, it'll allow one thing to be done on the large screen and smaller things on the deviceone thing being the keyboard or bbm or e mails so it doesnt interupt a presentation or video.
    BB10 already has this feature. I use it all the time. I have one thing on my monitor or TV via HDMI or miracast while I'm doing something else on my Q10

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 02:25 PM
    Troy,

I have seen those. The issue for me is not that. Honestly battery is the buggest issue, as most of what I do is emails and browsing. If I can't get a full day intense use, the specs mean nothing to me.

This is what my main point was. Will these new devices be able to compete with the Z30?

Also what are the features of 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 03:14 PM
    Those were the good old days. The music of that C64 game.. wow. In those days a computer lasted many years. It was smarter code what created the progress, instead of more ram or cpu speed.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    02-08-14 05:41 PM
    As the thread goes, people want more and more spec on the phone. When it does comes out of course some of you will be disappointed and complain not enough specs.If your ideal phone is always one step ahead of an actual developed phone you will never be satisfy regardless of what devices you use.
    Blackberry NEEDS to prove to the world that BB10 is fast --- compared objectively with similar spec'ed phones with numerous benchmarking software.

The problem with Blackberry so far --- is that they are massively behind schedule and because of that, phone hardware specs are a couple of generations behind. BB10 feels fast, but then bloggers compare the one or two limited benchmarking software results --- it is massively slow.

Why? Because bloggers are comparing a dual core BB10 phone with a quad core Android phone.

Feb 2013 Z10 compares pretty well in benchmarks when they are compared to similar spec'ed android phones from Sept 2012. The problem is bloggers are comparing Z10 with quad core phones.

I think that Blackberry is beginning to think about benchmarking seriously --- as a PR tool to shut certain anti-Blackberry arguments. Geekbench a few months ago basically said that they would not create a version of Geekbench 3 for Blackberry because Geekbench 2 sales were minimal. So what did Blackberry do --- Blackberry paid Geekbench to make a BB10 version of Geekbench (and for FREE as well).

From my point of view, Ontario with a 2.15 GHz quad core CPU is not going to do it (because by then we would be seeing 2.5 GHz Androids). Blackberry needs to show the world that their new OS (not just feels fast), but it is fast, period. It needs to show the most lazy bloggers that a 2.5 GHz blackberry will be just as fast as a 2.5 GHz Android...
    02-08-14 06:42 PM
    To be honest, I am just pumped that we have evidence of 10.3 up and running.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-08-14 07:13 PM
    I agree with those who say that the 2GB Ram needs to be increased. I've noticed on my phone that I'm using quite a bit of that 2GB & I've seen screenshots from other people that show them using up almost all of their ram. Sure the phones can handle it now, but in the near future that's going to be an issue as programs get bigger & people install more & more headless apps.
    I agree 100%. I also think we should get more then 16gigs of storage. Bump it up to 32 or even 64. Not sure if I read the specs on what that is going to be
    02-08-14 07:17 PM
    I like BB 10 with code name Ontario.
    02-08-14 08:43 PM
    haven't been able to find much details on this but is there any chance this is a qwerty? was hoping the next phone we see would be a Q successor since the Z already got an upgrade.
    02-09-14 12:52 AM
88 1234