So ZonaBlackberry.com is at it again with some 10.3.0.296 screenshots, also tomorrow they'll upload a full video-review of the OS.

Check it out at El Sistema Operativo BlackBerry 10.3 Tendr Su Propio Monitor de Recursos Totalmente Integrado y Funcionar Como Una Aplicacion Mas - Zona BlackBerry | Foro BlackBerry

Somebody translate it pls, I'm too lazy to do it myself lol

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:20 PM
    Well, look at that!
    Data monitor and an active frame! I definitely love it, thanks for posting!
    05-08-14 10:24 PM
    Fuse!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:27 PM
    05-08-14 10:35 PM
    So ZonaBlackberry.com is at it again with some 10.3.0.296 screenshots, also tomorrow they'll upload a full video-review of the OS.

Check it out at El Sistema Operativo BlackBerry 10.3 Tendr Su Propio Monitor de Recursos Totalmente Integrado y Funcionar Como Una Aplicacion Mas - Zona BlackBerry | Foro BlackBerry

Somebody translate it pls, I'm too lazy to do it myself lol

Posted via CB10
    Device monitor is now a stand alone app, allowing the use of an active frame. That's the short version of the post
    05-08-14 10:41 PM
    Exportable graphs and low memory alarm:

https://twitter.com/TMsantito95/stat...34806970519552
    I love that it let's you select a recording interval for the csv file. Wonder if this will make it into production or is just for testing. Seems like a pretty "advance" feature that might only confuse the vast majority of users.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:43 PM
    ****. If there is a video coming tomorrow they won't release anything until afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 10:47 PM
    This is awesome!!! I requested active frame support and the ability to export data. Hopefully they allow a greater period of time too.

Seems like BlackBerry is actively checking off feature requests with 10.3, I can't wait to see more.

And from the looks of it they are adding in data monitor support which is great to see. I had quite the in depth conversation on the beta zone about adding in a data monitor among the other features that were included in the app already. I like how they keep everything off to the side so they can include more features within the app and still have it look visually appealing.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:49 PM
    I like how they keep everything off to the side so they can include more features within the app and still have it look visually appealing.

Posted via CB10
    That is how Cascade it is supposed to work. General functionalities on the side and specific option in the main view.
    I dunno why many official apps (e.g. Clock, Calculator) still do not use this official layout..

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 06:00 AM
    Nice. An active frame for the Device monitor. I want that wallpaper!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 06:04 AM
    I xant wait for this sdk to get released. Hopefully a 10.3.0.5xx/7xx around that time too. Or 10.2.2.1xxx

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 06:36 AM
    I xant wait for this sdk to get released. Hopefully a 10.3.0.5xx/7xx around that time too. Or 10.2.2.1xxx

Posted via CB10
    And again, there will be no 10.2.2

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 12:37 PM
    Hmm an official built-in data monitor. I can't wait! How much do you want to bet that it also won't agree with what data Koodo claims I use? Also, how much do you want to bet that they will insist that it's not accurate?

BACK STORY:
    Last year I installed a data monitoring app on my Q10 and noticed that it said I used a lot less data then Koodo was claiming (my carrier)

I went to Koodo to ask them about it & they claimed that their info was correct and that whoever coded the app didn't do a good job.

I then went home & installed a couple more data monitor apps. A month later they all said about the same thing but Koodo once again was claiming way more data usage.

I returned to Koodo & showed them that I now had 4 apps that disagreed with their numbers. The Koodo rep once again denied that there was anything wrong with their estimates and claimed that making an app that properly monitors data is hard and most app developers are not professional programmers and unable to make good accurate apps. I tried to argue this but the Koodo rep just ignored me.

Grrrr I hate Carriers
    (over the years I have now used 6 Canadian Carriers & Koodo is by far the best I've used....which isn't saying much)

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 08:17 PM
    Hmm an official built-in data monitor. I can't wait! How much do you want to bet that it also won't agree with what data Koodo claims I use? Also, how much do you want to bet that they will insist that it's not accurate?

BACK STORY:
    Last year I installed a data monitoring app on my Q10 and noticed that it said I used a lot less data then Koodo was claiming (my carrier)

I went to Koodo to ask them about it & they claimed that their info was correct and that whoever coded the app didn't do a good job.

I then went home & installed a couple more data monitor apps. A month later they all said about the same thing but Koodo once again was claiming way more data usage.

I returned to Koodo & showed them that I now had 4 apps that disagreed with their numbers. The Koodo rep once again denied that there was anything wrong with their estimates and claimed that making an app that properly monitors data is hard and most app developers are not professional programmers and unable to make good accurate apps. I tried to argue this but the Koodo rep just ignored me.

Grrrr I hate Carriers
    (over the years I have now used 6 Canadian Carriers & Koodo is by far the best I've used....which isn't saying much)

Posted via CB10
    They are correct. They will be measuring the exact data that flows through their base station from you.

The apps are not running 100% of the time to be able to catch 100%.

There may be things like overhead and CRCS that account for the difference.

Would be good to know how different the numbers were, but Koodo is correct, unless there is a billing accounting issue.
    05-10-14 10:16 PM
    They are correct. They will be measuring the exact data that flows through their base station from you.

The apps are not running 100% of the time to be able to catch 100%.

There may be things like overhead and CRCS that account for the difference.

Would be good to know how different the numbers were, but Koodo is correct, unless there is a billing accounting issue.
    We are not talking about a difference of a couple kb. We are talking about differences in the hundreds of MB. At least once over a GB.

Are you telling me that my apps missed a GB of data within 30 days?

EDIT:
    I just checked this month's usage. Koodo is saying that I have used 1.9 GB in the past 1.5 weeks. My data apps are saying around 300mb.

I have been home on wifi the entire time and have only left the house a couple times to buy groceries. Somehow I don't think I spent almost 2 GB of data while shopping at Safeway :grr

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBPandy; 05-11-14 at 04:09 PM.
    05-11-14 08:15 AM
    We are not talking about a difference of a couple kb. We are talking about differences in the hundreds of MB. At least once over a GB.

Are you telling me that my apps missed a GB of data within 30 days?

EDIT:
    I just checked this month's usage. Koodo is saying that I have used 1.9 GB in the past 1.5 weeks. My data apps are saying around 300mb.

I have been home on wifi the entire time and have only left the house a couple times to buy groceries. Somehow I don't think I spent almost 2 GB of data while shopping at Safeway :grr

Posted via CB10
    Yes I am saying that. They have accounting systems to count every MB for Billing purposes. You have a program that relies on the phone reporting back to an API. If your data monitor app isn't running or it crashes, it's not counting, AFAIK.

I don't know if having multiple data monitors is related. I wouldnt suggest it. They could be conflicting.

If I forget my wifi is off or forget to quit siriusxm, I can get Koodo notification that I'm at 75% in like an afternoon.
    05-11-14 07:38 PM
    Yes I am saying that. They have accounting systems to count every MB for Billing purposes. You have a program that relies on the phone reporting back to an API. If your data monitor app isn't running or it crashes, it's not counting, AFAIK.

I don't know if having multiple data monitors is related. I wouldnt suggest it. They could be conflicting.

If I forget my wifi is off or forget to quit siriusxm, I can get Koodo notification that I'm at 75% in like an afternoon.
    I never turn my wifi off. And as for the 4 data monitors I only had them all running for 2 months just to compare & prove a point. I'm back down to one.

I have never gone over my data limit with Koodo. I just find it very suspicious. Like when I noticed that my ISP had records of me downloading massive amounts of data during a month I was away on vacation. They looked into it, found THEIR error & apologized (my account's data log was being merged with another account).

Koodo won't even acknowledge the possibility that there's something wrong and refuse to even look into it.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 08:59 PM
    Looks nice. The flat design will take some getting used to.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-12-14 11:32 PM
    I never turn my wifi off. And as for the 4 data monitors I only had them all running for 2 months just to compare & prove a point. I'm back down to one.

I have never gone over my data limit with Koodo. I just find it very suspicious. Like when I noticed that my ISP had records of me downloading massive amounts of data during a month I was away on vacation. They looked into it, found THEIR error & apologized (my account's data log was being merged with another account).

Koodo won't even acknowledge the possibility that there's something wrong and refuse to even look into it.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, they have daily breakdowns of the data including the times on their website (not in the BB10 app)! You can look that up to see if there is a pattern. The 95.36MB 5 times in 70 minutes is fishy. I don't know if that is a failed BBW download, or if that is how much data SiriusXM buffers at a time. I should have been at work with Wifi, but I don't recall 4 weeks ago. There are places in the building where my wifi would drop, so if I was listening to SiriusXM, this is kind of reasonable and expected.

My phone uses Shaw and Telus wifi hotspots and I was super close to going over 1GB limit this month (I only went over one time before I used free cellular hotspots) due to the bad day using 560MB (I'm on day 30, today). Random checking of other days shows small amounts throughout the day, when I'm driving or in a dead spot of the building, which makes sense and doesn't jump out at me.

So I'll investigate this with you if you really think Koodo is skimming us of our data caps. It would be nice to easily see the daily data consumption like in the Koodo website. If that was emailed to me every morning.. that would be sweet. If only there was a pissed off Dev using Koodo.. hehe. I'd pay $3 for that.

Check the website and see if your data is being consumed fairly equally everyday, or if there are a few days of massive consumption.

I wonder if BRON could be scripted to pull this data from Koodo each day?

10.3.0.296 Device Monitor-2014-05-13_175251.png
    05-13-14 08:09 PM
    Ok here's my data. As you can see on some days it says I used massive amounts of data.
    Especially on May 4th where I supposedly used over 1GB. I was home all day & on wifi.
    It also shows me using the phone on & off for 24 hours strait...
    According to Koodo, I didn't sleep that day, or even that night because I was too busy playing on my phone.

I also noticed that I have a number of data blocks that show usage of 95.37mb. That number also shows up on your multiple times on your screen shot.

...Oh & B4 you ask. The only time I stream music is when I'm on a road trip & I haven't driven anywhere in the past month.

10.3.0.296 Device Monitor-koodo-usage-1.jpg
    10.3.0.296 Device Monitor-koodo-usage-2.jpg
    05-17-14 01:05 AM