01-22-14 01:19 PM
140 ... 456
tools
    The reason the US takes so long to release updates is because they have to wait for the NSA to approve the release in terms of them making sure that they can exploit the update.

How's that for a guess?

Posted via CB10 with a Q10 (:
    01-15-14 09:53 AM
    I don't actually know belfast.
    I believe the LE Z10's can update via WiFi only but that needs clarifying.
    Nope, which is disappointing.

BlackBerry has NEVER pushed out a BlackBerry 10 OTA update. Not once, ever. To update my LEZ10, I had to either break out a PC and USB cable and deal with BlackBerry Link or put a SIM card in it. Both of those options are unsatisfactory. BlackBerry Link is without question one of the worst pieces of software I've ever installed onto one of my PCs and the SIM card trick can and will add carrier bloat and boot animations.

As a Nexus user, I was disappointed. The LEZ10 is the closest thing to a Nexus type device BlackBerry has ever made. BlackBerry had a huge opportunity with it, but they treat it like any other Z10. The LEZ10 is factory unlocked, not sold on any carrier and is a developer device. There is no reason why they couldn't update that phone themselves, yet BlackBerry hasn't pushed a single OTA update to it. Isn't that odd? What's the excuse for the LEZ10? Should we blame the US carriers for it not getting updates as well?

If BlackBerry cared about its users getting updates, I would think they'd start to show that by pushing updates to the LEZ10 and the unlocked BB10 phones they sell. Nothing is stopping them from doing it.
    01-15-14 10:13 AM
    They are still updating phone software nothing much is changing

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:45 AM
    Lol, try that approach with your wife "honey, I'm not giving up our relationship but I'm gonna concentrate on fishing for the next two years" and see how it's going down.
    You meant to say, "Wife, I'm not giving up our relationship but I'm going to concentrate on seeking sex elsewhere since you've just announced you have no intention of being feminine. You should have told me before I married you then I would have been fine with it."
    01-15-14 03:17 PM
    Lol, try that approach with your wife "honey, I'm not giving up our relationship but I'm gonna concentrate on fishing for the next two years" and see how it's going down.
    Lol

Is this an option??? Please say yes.
    01-15-14 03:23 PM
    You meant to say, "Wife, I'm not giving up our relationship but I'm going to concentrate on seeking sex elsewhere since you've just announced you have no intention of being feminine. You should have told me before I married you then I would have been fine with it."
    Lol, I can't say I agree with that. I love and fancy my wife no matter what shape she might be
    01-15-14 03:57 PM
    Nope, which is disappointing.

BlackBerry has NEVER pushed out a BlackBerry 10 OTA update. Not once, ever. To update my LEZ10, I had to either break out a PC and USB cable and deal with BlackBerry Link or put a SIM card in it. Both of those options are unsatisfactory. BlackBerry Link is without question one of the worst pieces of software I've ever installed onto one of my PCs and the SIM card trick can and will add carrier bloat and boot animations.
    Thank you for clarifying, I wasn't certain about LE Z10 updates.

I know what you mean about Link, it's terrible. I only use it if I need to reload the OS.

I just realised, I've got two factory unlocked BB10 phones and I'm stuck relying on carrier updates too
    Saiga likes this.
    01-15-14 05:08 PM
    And if you don't own a sim no updates? Is there a way to update without a sim?
    I think it updates to the lowest common OS until you have a sim card in
    01-15-14 08:23 PM
    It is just frustrating to wait like this. Why does this not happen on Apple iOS devices? Should we all just buy them and then see how the carriers like it? Hey Verizon, how would you like it if ATT had another exclusive for five years and EVERY smartphone customer demanded an iPhone? Are your ready for life with your customer base dropped by 75%? Well if you don't want that then you had better find simple ways to support some of the other smartphone companies.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 10:15 PM
    I have been a Blackberry user since the beginning and I currently have the 10.2.1.195 leak installed on my z10, but I am seriously looking at moving over to IOS permanently. I honestly think my carrier T-Mobile USA has no interest in supporting Blackberry anymore here in the USA or the world for that matter. I have sent many emails to T-Mobile customer service and written my concerns on their Blackberry support page and all I have received is the same ole excuses. Blackberry needs to be directly involved in porting these updates out to the consumer directly like apple does and improve the relationship with the consumer.

I hear all this talk about changes, well why not get with the carriers who still want to sell your product and change the way you are going to provide customer and product support? I don't care how you have done it in the past, the past is why you are in your current position. It's time to be innovative and think outside the box. You want to have something your competitor doesn't have, thats called marketing my loyal BB fanfare.

Hey, if you want to change your marketing philosophy and put you eggs in the business basket and move out of the consumer product business, fine, I can live with this and will gladly move on. Just don't let me die a slow death with a bad taste in my mouth waiting for the end to come.
    Last edited by bakron1; 01-16-14 at 06:20 AM.
    01-16-14 05:54 AM
    So it looks after all 10.2.1 release date was in fact in mid to late January 2014 and now we supposedly have a confirmation release date January 28th (hopefully)
    01-21-14 05:57 AM
    I have been a Blackberry user since the beginning and I currently have the 10.2.1.195 leak installed on my z10, but I am seriously looking at moving over to IOS permanently. I honestly think my carrier T-Mobile USA has no interest in supporting Blackberry anymore here in the USA or the world for that matter. I have sent many emails to T-Mobile customer service and written my concerns on their Blackberry support page and all I have received is the same ole excuses. Blackberry needs to be directly involved in porting these updates out to the consumer directly like apple does and improve the relationship with the consumer.

I hear all this talk about changes, well why not get with the carriers who still want to sell your product and change the way you are going to provide customer and product support? I don't care how you have done it in the past, the past is why you are in your current position. It's time to be innovative and think outside the box. You want to have something your competitor doesn't have, thats called marketing my loyal BB fanfare.

Hey, if you want to change your marketing philosophy and put you eggs in the business basket and move out of the consumer product business, fine, I can live with this and will gladly move on. Just don't let me die a slow death with a bad taste in my mouth waiting for the end to come.
    Crackberry kevin stated American carriers weren't intent on sending out that update, they've been waiting for 10.2.1 so you may very well be getting it very soon

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:12 AM
    Crackberry kevin stated American carriers weren't intent on sending out that update, they've been waiting for 10.2.1 so you may very well be getting it very soon

Posted via CB10
    If that's the case they better release the 10.2.1 update right away!
    01-22-14 06:51 AM
    Yeah 10.2.1 pls
    01-22-14 06:52 AM
    Next week! I'm waiting!

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    01-22-14 01:19 PM
140 ... 456