01-22-14 01:19 PM
140 ... 3456
tools
    Yes it sucks for the consumer, but, if all other countries have it, and the states don't, I find it hard to blame BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 10:57 AM
    Well!! Half of January is gone and no 10.2 update for T Mobile USA??? Myself and several folks have contacted them about this issue and they said they haven't even received the files from Blackberry yet??

Oh I know "coming soon" yeah, right!!!!

Sent using the CB app
    I think the reason the U.S carriers aren't pushing out the latest OS updates because there are so few BlackBerry 10 customers so they don't feel it's worth it.

BlackBerry should deal with this asap and just be able to just push out there updates by passing the carriers or ask them to push them out.

Cause at the end these updates with improvements, bug fixes and new features is hurting them with their customers and any new customers interested in purchasing a BB 10 phone. The whole point of these updates is to make their phones better and appeal to ppl.
    01-14-14 01:06 PM
    The reason why BlackBerry has released so many updates is bec BB10 is still a fresh OS compared with Apple's iPhone is bec iOS is a lot more mature since debuting in 2007. BB10 by mid January to the end of January will be one year since it was released. The release of so many updates is to improve their OS, add more features to make it more mature and appealing to their customers. They have to constantly keep on improving and NOT be complacent like bef
    I don't care about excuses. My main point was it is very unrealistic to expect the US carriers to jump up and push out a new update every time BlackBerry decides to cook up another one. It isn't the carriers fault that BlackBerry 10 launched half-baked. So why should they be expected to spend their own time and money testing and releasing repeated, minor updates? They don't do that with the smartphones people actually bought in large numbers, so why in the world would they do it for the tiny amount of BlackBerry 10 devices they've sold?

Also, you must be new to the world of BlackBerry. I say that because BlackBerry has been doing minor updates that are released constantly for many, many years now. Heck, they were doing that back when I had my 7250 in 2005. It isn't something new with the release of BB10, it is just how they choose to update their phones for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if my 9530 had over 50 different software version installed on it during the time that I was using it. How many of those updates do you think Verizon bothered to test and make official?

I still haven't seen anyone name a single smartphone that gets several, US carrier pushed updates per year. Can you name one?
    Pete The Penguin and senel like this.
    01-14-14 01:14 PM
    Don't hold your breath, BB doesn't care about consumers right now.
    Incorrect. Exaggeration.

Anyway...You can easily find Verizon 10.2 Os on servers wonder why? That's because it's there. Problem is, Verizon hasn't "routed" your software update checks to it. Same as tmobile and at&t the files are all there, even their carrier apps are there. So it's their doing. For what reason? I don't know, probably skipping 10.2 and waiting for 10.2.1.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-14-14 01:17 PM
    I don't care about excuses. My main point was it is very unrealistic to expect the US carriers to jump up and push out a new update every time BlackBerry decides to cook up another one. It isn't the carriers fault that BlackBerry 10 launched half-baked. So why should they be expected to spend their own time and money testing and releasing repeated, minor updates? They don't do that with the smartphones people actually bought in large numbers, so why in the world would they do it for the tiny amount of BlackBerry 10 devices they've sold?

Also, you must be new to the world of BlackBerry. I say that because BlackBerry has been doing minor updates that are released constantly for many, many years now. Heck, they were doing that back when I had my 7250 in 2005. It isn't something new with the release of BB10, it is just how they choose to update their phones for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if my 9530 had over 50 different software version installed on it during the time that I was using it. How many of those updates do you think Verizon bothered to test and make official?

I still haven't seen anyone name a single smartphone that gets several, US carrier pushed updates per year. Can you name one?
    Your posts are excuses to blame blackberry.

mathking606 likes this.
    01-14-14 01:21 PM
    Your posts are excuses to blame blackberry.

Hardly a rebuttal of Saiga's argument.

I can guarantee you one thing and that is BlackBerry are fully aware of the release strategy and schedule of all major carriers. You miss a slot and you have to wait for the next one.
    01-14-14 03:12 PM
    No, I mean, I've had the official since october, here in Canada, I think it's the American carriers doing this!

Posted via CB10
    Stop lying about having the official BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 in Canada. At best you have a leaked BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    01-14-14 03:15 PM
    Stop lying about having the official BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 in Canada. At best you have a leaked BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure he is talking about 10.2, which most of us already have.....except people in the US.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:25 PM

Posted via CB10

I'm pretty sure the rest or most of the countries in the world has 10.2 already. Why not in US? Only the carriers knows. Been here in Canada since October.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    01-14-14 04:00 PM
    Why not in US?
    Simple. The US carriers suck at updating phones. That's really all there is to it.

Here, let me help you out some with one example:

I'm pretty sure the rest or most of the countries in the world has already released KitKat for the Moto G. Why not in US? Only the carriers knows. It has been out in Canada for awhile and is rolling out in Europe right now, why hasn't the US carriers released it yet?

You could switch KitKat and Moto G with a whole bunch of different Android phones and updates and that statement would still be accurate.
    01-14-14 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I'm talking about 10.2!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:41 PM
    Blackberry designed the product and the software to make it work, not the carriers and in the end, the little software the carriers use to make it work on their respective network is minor.
    Really? I didn't know we were so fortunate to have a project manager deeply familiar with managing the test plans and queues on the various carrier networks.

I assume you led the teams for all four major US carriers?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:14 PM
    Don't hold your breath, BB doesn't care about consumers right now.
    The most stupid thing I heard in a while, congratulations!

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler and Brandon Orr like this.
    01-15-14 05:06 AM
    Stop blaming BlackBerry for what the stupid U.S carriers don't want to do! This is intentionally not released, for god's sake BlackBerry developed a new OS update and is about to release it and those idiots are still TESTING 10.2 ???!! Yeah right!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 05:10 AM
    Stop blaming BlackBerry for what the stupid U.S carriers don't want to do! This is intentionally not released, for god's sake BlackBerry developed a new OS update and is about to release it and those idiots are still TESTING 10.2 ???!! Yeah right!

Posted via CB10
    Does it matter to the end user who's to blame?
    01-15-14 05:28 AM
    The most stupid thing I heard in a while, congratulations!

Posted via CB10
    First of all, a bit rude, second of all how many times do you want Chen to say "we're concentrating on enterprise" before you take the hint?

They even canceled BB Live to spend the money on enterprise for god sake.

Friends working at BB consumer Marketing are waiting to be made redundant.

Take the hint!
    01-15-14 05:31 AM
    First of all, a bit rude, second of all how many times do you want Chen to say "we're concentrating on enterprise" before you take the hint?

They even canceled BB Live to spend the money on enterprise for god sake.

Friends working at BB consumer Marketing are waiting to be made redundant.

Take the hint!
    "Concentrating on enterprise" and "doesn't care about consumers" is not the same thing. They care about all the customers they have, but they will be concentrating efforts on their strengths and areas where immediate, or at least near term, growth is most likely. As for cancelling BB Live, it makes sense as that's not exactly a cheap event. The money can, and will be, put to better use to fuel their plans moving forward. Your friends in consumer marketing are not the ones making things better for consumers, just there to let them/us know it's available. And really, in the end, aside from apps, what does the consumer want/need that isn't comparable to the enterprise users wants and needs from an OS standpoint?
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    01-15-14 07:29 AM
    "Concentrating on enterprise" and "doesn't care about consumers" is not the same thing. They care about all the customers they have, but they will be concentrating efforts on their strengths and areas where immediate, or at least near term, growth is most likely. As for cancelling BB Live, it makes sense as that's not exactly a cheap event. The money can, and will be, put to better use to fuel their plans moving forward. Your friends in consumer marketing are not the ones making things better for consumers, just there to let them/us know it's available. And really, in the end, aside from apps, what does the consumer want/need that isn't comparable to the enterprise users wants and needs from an OS standpoint?
    Lol, try that approach with your wife "honey, I'm not giving up our relationship but I'm gonna concentrate on fishing for the next two years" and see how it's going down.
    01-15-14 08:15 AM
    Lol, try that approach with your wife "honey, I'm not giving up our relationship but I'm gonna concentrate on fishing for the next two years" and see how it's going down.
    Think that's a bit of a different position, don't you?

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    01-15-14 08:46 AM
    Think that's a bit of a different position, don't you?

Posted via CB10
    To somebody that just invested in a BB10 device? Not that different.

Thank you for buying our expensive product, however, we we'll now concentrate on enterprise for the duration if your contract with the BB10 device. Tough luck.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    01-15-14 09:14 AM
    What is the situation with factory unlocked devices? You would have to assume that they would get the updates first but form what've seen that is not necessarily the case. Very weird indeed.
    As you're aware, with a factory unlocked device you're free to put any sim in it but the carrier still owns the sim so they push the updates.

Unlike Google with their Nexus devices where it's a direct update from them.
    01-15-14 09:17 AM
    As you're aware, with a factory unlocked device you're free to put any sim in it but the carrier still owns the sim so they push the updates.

Unlike Google with their Nexus devices where it's a direct update from them.
    And if you don't own a sim no updates? Is there a way to update without a sim?
    01-15-14 09:27 AM
    And if you don't own a sim no updates? Is there a way to update without a sim?
    I don't actually know belfast.
    I believe the LE Z10's can update via WiFi only but that needs clarifying.
    01-15-14 09:35 AM
    I don't actually know belfast.
    I believe the LE Z10's can update via WiFi only but that needs clarifying.
    All I know is as soon as you put a different sim in it you get prompted for a small carrier update.
    01-15-14 09:46 AM
    All I know is as soon as you put a different sim in it you get prompted for a small carrier update.
    That's true. Unless your carrier is one of those mobile virtual networks and piggy backs off another carrier.
    01-15-14 09:50 AM
140 ... 3456