01-22-14 01:19 PM
140 ... 23456
tools
    I am to the point where it doesn't matter to me anymore, my z10 will sit in a drawer and collect dust until these carriers and/or Blackberry decide to get off their ***, stop pointing fingers and release 10.2.1 here. Enough is enough.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5S
    Why are you so angry? Go blame your carrier and then come complain.

Oh wait you're talking about 10.2.1? BlackBerry just released a major update on the end of October and you want them to release another major update in the beginning of December? The iPhone 5S that you use doesn't get a major update except every year so calm down and relax because BlackBerry is kicking ***.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 08:29 AM
    It isn't sabotage. To suggest that it is is simply ridiculous.

How many updates has BlackBerry released for the BlackBerry 10 devices in the months that they have been available? I don't have the exact number off the top of my head, but I do know that it has been several already. Now, can you name a single device, Android or iOS, that has gotten several, carrier issued OTA updates from Verizon or AT&T this year? I can't, but of course most manufactures don't constantly release minor updates like BlackBerry does.

The only phones I can think of that have gotten several official updates this year have had the word 'Nexus' in their name, but those updates don't come from the carriers. When a Nexus depends on updates that come from the carriers, you see situations like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which missed out on updates thanks to Verizon and Sprint. See? The carriers suck at updating any phone constantly.

They handle updating the iPhone just fine, but how many times is the iPhone updated over the last year? No where near as many times as BB10 has been.

It isn't unfair treatment of BlackBerry, it is just how the carriers work.

The reason why BlackBerry has released so many updates is bec BB10 is still a fresh OS compared with Apple's iPhone is bec iOS is a lot more mature since debuting in 2007. BB10 by mid January to the end of January will be one year since it was released. The release of so many updates is to improve their OS, add more features to make it more mature and appealing to their customers. They have to constantly keep on improving and NOT be complacent like bef
    01-02-14 11:08 AM
    I am to the point where it doesn't matter to me anymore, my z10 will sit in a drawer and collect dust until these carriers and/or Blackberry decide to get off their ***, stop pointing fingers and release 10.2.1 here. Enough is enough.

Sent using the CB app from my iPhone 5S
    Play Angry Bird much? Chill out. If you are happy with your 5S then stick with it and be content or do I smell that you are not happy with it too. I mean, why so angry about 10.2.1, a major update that is only about 3 months (posibly) after the last major update.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    01-02-14 11:14 AM
    The reason why BlackBerry has released so many updates is bec BB10 is still a fresh OS compared with Apple's iPhone is bec iOS is a lot more mature since debuting in 2007. BB10 by mid January to the end of January will be one year since it was released. The release of so many updates is to improve their OS, add more features to make it more mature and appealing to their customers. They have to constantly keep on improving and NOT be complacent like bef
    LOL! And when IOS was introduced back in 2007 did they release 4 major updates in 1 year? I don't think so.

BlackBerry is way faster than Apple in updating softwares.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:25 AM
    LOL! And when IOS was introduced back in 2007 did they release 4 major updates in 1 year? I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    They probably didn't have too since the first version of iOS wasn't so rushed like BB10 was. Plus there wasn't so much competition with other OS's at that time like it is now. BB10 has to compete by improving and adding new features and etc to stay on the playing level to iOS, Android and now Windows phone since it was so late to the market. Hey I'm not arguing with the updates I welcome them as many others do. I'm glad they re releasing updates almost every 3 months bec that means they re not idling they re improving the OS to make it that much a better experience for existing and new users!!!
    01-02-14 01:10 PM
    They probably didn't have too since the first version of iOS wasn't so rushed like BB10 was. Plus there wasn't so much competition with other OS's at that time like it is now. BB10 has to compete by improving and adding new features and etc to stay on the playing level to iOS, Android and now Windows phone since it was so late to the market. Hey I'm not arguing with the updates I welcome them as many others do. I'm glad they re releasing updates almost every 3 months bec that means they re not idling they re improving the OS to make it that much a better experience for existing and new users!!!
    The first version of ios wasn't rushed? Lol nice joke

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-02-14 01:12 PM
    The first version of ios wasn't rushed? Lol nice joke

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    My bad didn't mean to make it sound like iOS was rushed as I meant BB10 was since it was already delayed once and they promised to have it by January.
    01-02-14 01:53 PM
    BlackBerry had to release these many updates to make it useful to its users. Too bad the features and functionality of BlackBerry 10.2.1 were not part of BlackBerry 10.0 a year ago, we'd be even further along by now. BlackBerry needs four releases each year, no excuses. Mission failure is not an option.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    01-02-14 05:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please.....back then a lot of that functionality in phones was new. People didn't know any better. Didn't know or care about out any of the advanced functionality or demands we have now. Plus there weren't all these additional apps that needed to be integrated with the OS. If iOS was released at the same time as BB10 it would be going through several updates too.

Z10
    01-02-14 09:49 PM
    Please.....back then a lot of that functionality in phones was new. People didn't know any better. Didn't know or care about out any of the advanced functionality or demands we have now. Plus there weren't all these additional apps that needed to be integrated with the OS. If iOS was released at the same time as BB10 it would be going through several updates too.

Z10
    I remember quite well when iPhone was first introduced, people were bashing it like crazy, they all said Nokia and SonyEricsson are a better choice, yet we didn't see Apple doing anything about it, even back in 2007 iPhones were way underdeveloped for that year!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 10:10 PM
    I remember quite well when iPhone was first introduced, people were bashing it like crazy, they all said Nokia and SonyEricsson are a better choice, yet we didn't see Apple doing anything about it, even back in 2007 iPhones were way underdeveloped for that year!

Posted via CB10
    Ya its like article below shows from the other forum how many features were missing from the first iphone below they finally added them like the copy and paste option and so on.

But also the iPhone was a bit ahead of its time with some of its features from everyone since websites weren't built for it yet and other phones were still using physical key pads to navigate in there small screens. There was no touch screen phones until the iphone came out.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-first-iphone-2013-12
    01-03-14 09:34 AM
    Ya its like article below shows from the other forum how many features were missing from the first iphone below they finally added them like the copy and paste option and so on.

But also the iPhone was a bit ahead of its time with some of its features from everyone since websites weren't built for it yet and other phones were still using physical key pads to navigate in there small screens. There was no touch screen phones until the iphone came out.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-first-iphone-2013-12
    There were a few touchscreens before iPhone came out actually.

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-03-14 12:08 PM
    Sorry for the dumb question but when you guys talk about 10.2.1 you are talking about all the new features that are in the leaks being posted here and that is different from 10.2 which is already released in some places?

I'm on VZ with a 9930 and am waiting to update to a Q10 when the leaked new features are available. Most important to me is the 'new' Delete on Handset feature which I see is in one of the leaks, which appears to work like it does on the 9930.

I'm waiting for the official release since I'm not technical enough to load unofficial leaks. All of my phone needs to work all of the time.
    01-07-14 11:22 AM
    Y There was no touch screen phones until the iphone came out.
    Touch Screen Phones Before iPhone
    diegonei likes this.
    01-07-14 11:31 AM
    Sorry for the dumb question but when you guys talk about 10.2.1 you are talking about all the new features that are in the leaks being posted here and that is different from 10.2 which is already released in some places?

I'm on VZ with a 9930 and am waiting to update to a Q10 when the leaked new features are available. Most important to me is the 'new' Delete on Handset feature which I see is in one of the leaks, which appears to work like it does on the 9930.

I'm waiting for the official release since I'm not technical enough to load unofficial leaks. All of my phone needs to work all of the time.
    Yup hope you get your Q10 soon, you will notice a huge difference, a good difference .

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:41 PM
    Yup hope you get your Q10 soon, you will notice a huge difference, a good difference .

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I'm just waiting for BB and VZ
    01-07-14 06:24 PM
    The wait is officially almost over, dope.

Posted via BB-Z10. OS 10.2.1.
    01-12-14 10:27 PM
    What is the situation with factory unlocked devices? You would have to assume that they would get the updates first but form what've seen that is not necessarily the case. Very weird indeed.
    01-13-14 05:15 AM
    10.2. Please?

Sincerely, TMO USA.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 07:45 AM
    Well!! Half of January is gone and no 10.2 update for T Mobile USA??? Myself and several folks have contacted them about this issue and they said they haven't even received the files from Blackberry yet??

Oh I know "coming soon" yeah, right!!!!

Sent using the CB app
    01-14-14 03:33 AM
    Well!! Half of January is gone and no 10.2 update for T Mobile USA??? Myself and several folks have contacted them about this issue and they said they haven't even received the files from Blackberry yet??

Sent using the CB app
    Don't hold your breath, BB doesn't care about consumers right now.
    01-14-14 03:39 AM

Sent using the CB app
    Find that hard to believe since I've had it since October

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 05:03 AM
    You may have had the leak but the official 10.2 version has not been released officially by T Mobile.

Sent using the CB app
    01-14-14 05:50 AM
    No, I mean, I've had the official since october, here in Canada, I think it's the American carriers doing this!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 07:03 AM
    No, I mean, I've had the official since october, here in Canada, I think it's the American carriers doing this!

Posted via CB10
    Back to the finger pointing game again, Blackberry pushes it on the carriers and the carriers push it back to Blackberry. The one who gets hosed in the end is the consumer!!!! Folks eventually get tired of excuses and delays and will go buy another product that's going to provide them with customer and product support.

Blackberry designed the product and the software to make it work, not the carriers and in the end, the little software the carriers use to make it work on their respective network is minor. When it's all said and done, Blackberry is going to be held accountable for for delays and product support issues. One of these days I sure hope the folks making the big money up there in those offices in Waterloo figure this out, their competition sure has.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    01-14-14 09:21 AM
140 ... 23456