The stupid premier website I go thru won't let me have it for $1!!
    I called and was told that the offer is not available to premier memeber(HOW STUPID), so I went to my local retail store and they told me the same.
    Kinda frustrating, I am going to get my wife a blackberry adn this is the perfect price and now they wont let me get it
    Any suggestions?

Stacey
    07-17-08 10:38 AM
    I would call ATT Customer Service and complain. How long have you been a customer? Always paid on time?

If you are a valued customer, they will likely give you what you want if you are polite!! I heard someone else on here complain and got it, even though they were not a new customer!! Tell them it is dumb that they offer a deal for new contracts but not valued customers... and back up why you feel that way (all politely). Good luck
    07-17-08 10:41 AM
    I would call ATT Customer Service and complain. How long have you been a customer? Always paid on time?

If you are a valued customer, they will likely give you what you want if you are polite!! I heard someone else on here complain and got it, even though they were not a new customer!! Tell them it is dumb that they offer a deal for new contracts but not valued customers... and back up why you feel that way (all politely). Good luck
    Yes I would do that. Somebody else had luck doing that and got it for $1
    07-17-08 10:49 AM
    The stupid premier website I go thru won't let me have it for $1!!
    I called and was told that the offer is not available to premier memeber(HOW STUPID), so I went to my local retail store and they told me the same.
    Kinda frustrating, I am going to get my wife a blackberry adn this is the perfect price and now they wont let me get it
    Any suggestions?

Stacey
    If you're out of contract, just threaten to switch carriers...they'll send you to the customer retention/loyalty department...you'll get your $1 Curve...book it.
    07-17-08 11:39 AM
    Well I called premier support and got the right person this time. She was very nice and was able to forward me to someone who could add the phone. If I understood the guy correctly I might have gotten it free today(I didn't owe anything) so my wife should be getting her new(refurb) phone in 3-5 days.
    Stacey

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 11:54 AM
    Well I called premier support and got the right person this time. She was very nice and was able to forward me to someone who could add the phone. If I understood the guy correctly I might have gotten it free today(I didn't owe anything) so my wife should be getting her new(refurb) phone in 3-5 days.
    Stacey

Congrats man!! I wish I could get a free Berry
    07-17-08 11:55 AM
    Has anyone had good or bad experiences with Amazon's offerings of BB's?
    07-17-08 03:01 PM
    Congrats on the new device for the wife. She will love you muches for it.

07-17-08 09:08 PM
    Yes I would do that. Somebody else had luck doing that and got it for $1
    Hey everyone, that someone is me. I am a premier member and just got the upgrade for $1 just a couple of days ago. Heres how it works. In theory they can't sell it to you for $1. What they can do and what they did for me is this. I paid $100 online to upgrade. They immediately credited my account $99 and waved the $18 upgrade fee. They also waved my future $18 upgrade fee for my other line of service. I am still waiting for the Bold.

The CS rep I spoke with actually explained how he was able to get around the BS which sometimes surrounds upgrades. I was more than impressed with all he did for me. I said it before and I will say it again be polite and knowledgeable, I make it a point to be more knowledgeable than the CS reps I talk to. The thing to remember is that they are handling all kinds of problems regarding all kinds of devices. Good luck and happy negotiating!
    07-17-08 10:44 PM
    can you guys fill me in on this ? sounds interesting but i really dont know what the heck is going on?
    07-18-08 12:07 AM
    Has anyone had good or bad experiences with Amazon's offerings of BB's?
    I got my Pearl from Amazon have had any problems and got a $50 rebate.
    07-18-08 12:09 AM
    Well I got my invoice sometime during the night and looked at it this morning and the charge for the sim $0.00 and phone $0.00. I guess I did get it freem not sure how... another interesting note is that on the invoice is doesnt say that the phone is a refurb. I am sure this is an oversight on their part but how do you tell the difference between a refurb and a new unit when you get one?
    Stacey
    07-18-08 06:26 AM
    Well I got my invoice sometime during the night and looked at it this morning and the charge for the sim $0.00 and phone $0.00. I guess I did get it freem not sure how... another interesting note is that on the invoice is doesnt say that the phone is a refurb. I am sure this is an oversight on their part but how do you tell the difference between a refurb and a new unit when you get one?
    Stacey
    The refurbs look just like the new phones, but you can tell if it's a refurb by looking at the invoice...the item # begins with an R, like R4770. AT&T knows which IMEIs are refurbs, so don't ever try to pull a fast one on them.

07-19-08 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD