I believe that I'm accessing email on my Blackberry thru an existing account with Yahoo/ATT (that acct shows up in "email acct name"). But when I EDIT that account I can't get past the password and am not sure that there is an SSL enable radio button waiting for me if I do. Newbie question, do all users of BB have a Blackberry email address and ID separate from their existing email? Where do I enable SSL? Thanks...
    12-12-08 02:10 PM
    I am a newbie with the BB Curve. I have Verizon, yahoo mail, and I am having the same issue. Anyone out there know how to enable the SSl so yahoo will quit sending me emails about it?
    12-21-08 07:01 PM
    I don't understand what you are doing? What are you using to check your mail why don't get BIS to do it for you, just open Email settings and fill out your yahoo account info and it should take care of everything.
    12-22-08 10:16 AM
    The Blackberry was set up at the point of sale using my Yahoo account. I suspect that its the BIS that is not enabled for SSL, but I can't find the setting for that on my Blackberry and have no knowledge of a password for getting into BIS. I did not get the messages from Yahoo until I purchased and started using the Blackberry.
    12-22-08 07:08 PM
    I don't understand what you are doing? What are you using to check your mail why don't get BIS to do it for you, just open Email settings and fill out your yahoo account info and it should take care of everything.

The Blackberry was set up at the point of sale using my Yahoo account. I suspect that its the BIS that is not enabled for SSL, but I can't find the setting for that on my Blackberry and have no knowledge of a password for getting into BIS. I did not get the messages from Yahoo until I purchased and started using the Blackberry.
    12-29-08 12:03 PM
    I have the same problem with gmail it wants ssl enabled and port set to 993.. there is no way that i can see to change any of these settings... sprint doesnt offer an email setup utility for the 8330 either.. which i keep geting messages to download everytime the gmail settings wont work
    12-31-08 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD