So we have 2 new Curve's in the house (8300). Wife downloads songs from Walmart (WMA's). She used to have a simple MP3 player that just died. I found out I could not simply drag and drop WMA's as they need the dreaded Digital Rights Management software doo-hickie to work...so Windows Media Player was used to sync them to her MP3 player and voila - they worked.

Now I have this new device complete with 2GB card. Everything we have ripped from CD's works flawlessly whether I use Mediaplayer, Roxio (which came with the Curve) or even drag and drop in the right folder...except the WMA's from Walmart.

So, anyone out there have ANY idea how I can get the DRM properly transferred and working on this device? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
    10-08-07 01:06 AM
    Anyway to get it convert to an .mp3 from within Windows Media Player? Then you can drag & drop / copy & paste...
    10-08-07 04:42 AM
    Good idea - I'll give it a shot.

Meanwhile, I dug up on the BB website that BB's don't support DRM. I don't know that I buy that since a number of you folks are putting your iTunes on your BB.
    10-08-07 10:54 AM
    I burn a disc from iTunes - then load the tunes from the disc to my BB thru media manager.
    10-08-07 12:38 PM