Hey all. Looking into trading my WM 700wx in on a Storm. Worries listed.

1. Threaded messaging, messaging tool in general.

2. Sync'ing with my work/home computers.

3. Calendar: sync'ing, functionality, look and feel, interaction....

4. Availability/relevance of 3rd party apps

5. Getting a lemon.

I really want a new device, bad. Please help convince me to get one. I like my Treo and WM but its time for a change.

Jeff
    11-10-08 09:50 AM
    Hey all. Looking into trading my WM 700wx in on a Storm. Worries listed.

1. Threaded messaging, messaging tool in general.

2. Sync'ing with my work/home computers.

3. Calendar: sync'ing, functionality, look and feel, interaction....

4. Availability/relevance of 3rd party apps

5. Getting a lemon.

I really want a new device, bad. Please help convince me to get one. I like my Treo and WM but its time for a change.
    Jeff
    I just made the same switch. From Samsung i760 to Blackberry Curve 8330. BB has a more stable environment. Haven't done a single restart in 2 wks.
    2. Sync's with both my home and work computers - no problem.
    3. Calendar syncing, functionality, look, and feel are exactly the same as WM 6.1.
    4. Third party apps - almost as many as for WM. The only one I'm still looking for is one to track my families health info. (there are some - i just don't like what I have found so far).
    5. Lemon - I replaced my Treo 5 times in 6 months, then switched to samsung i760 which lasted 9 months. All of my friends with BB's are either waiting to upgrade or just did to the new Bold/Storm. No lemons in the group (10 people). Had a software issue with my BB last week and was offered a replacement.
    1. Threaded Messaging is the only area lacking. Look and feel greatly improved once I updated to 4.5.
    11-10-08 08:14 PM
    Hey thanks for the info. Im going to get a Storm, I've done the research and Im in! Thanks again.
    11-10-08 08:22 PM
    My Treo 700wv was a lemon. I went thru 3 of them in less than 6 months. I finally had enough and switched to BlackBerry. I've been so much happier with BB than I was with the Treo or even WM. BB are just so stable. I was constantly having to reboot my Treo....it would lock up for no reason, etc. Give the BB a try...you won't regret it and it will sync great with your pc.
    11-10-08 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD