I'm with Verizon and can upgrade my phone but plan on switching to a family plan soon. If I upgrade now will it effect switching to a family plan? If I wait will I be able to upgrade after switching to the family plan?

I meant to type now not know. Can a mod fix this?
    10-14-08 06:44 PM
    You can switch plans with VZW anytime, but if you are moving from two individual plans to a family, you should upgrade first because your upgrade date resets when the plans are merged.
    10-14-08 06:52 PM
    You can upgrade your phone now or after switching to a family share plan.

This will not affect your switching to a family share plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 06:53 PM
    If you become the secondary line on the family plan you will lose your new every 2 credit.
    10-14-08 06:56 PM
    I don't know if this matters but the family plan doesn't exist yet.
    10-14-08 07:18 PM
    Are you adding a line or merging with another current VZW customer? Break it down like a Kit Kat for me..
    10-14-08 08:05 PM
    My mom just got married and her husband suggested that we all go on a family plan. I guess since the family plan doesn't exist yet then we aren't adding a line. I guess it is merging with another VZW customer.
    10-18-08 01:22 PM
    OK, if you are merging then your NE2 is dependant on which line you become in the new family plan. If you are the primary, the NE2 carries over, if you are a secondary, it will disappear because secondary line don't qualify for NE2. I would suggest you just upgrade before the merge.
    10-18-08 01:26 PM
    I went to the store today and upgraded and switched to the plan. Now I have a Blackberry!
    10-18-08 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD