Why is Opera or Viigo any better than the BB Browser? I have found the BB browser just fine. I have installed Opera, but I don't see the big deal.

Are there other browsers I should try and why?

I will surf alot on my blackberry on WAP and non Wap sites.
    09-28-08 01:31 PM
    Viigo isnt a web broswer, it is primarily an RSS reader for reading RSS feeds. So Viigo cant really be compared to the bb browser.

Opera mini is an alternative browser. guess its just out there for users to have a choice. I myself, prefer the bb browser but I know there are others than like how OM renders some pages.
    09-28-08 01:51 PM
    I never understood the Opera Mini hype, the native BB browser works just fine for me...
    09-28-08 01:53 PM
    I never understood the Opera Mini hype, the native BB browser works just fine for me...
    very true the normal browser works great but as a vzw carrier we cant even get on their site with the browser so then opera mini comes into play and it works ok for those sites the normal browser can't get
    09-28-08 02:11 PM
    very true the normal browser works great but as a vzw carrier we cant even get on their site with the browser so then opera mini comes into play and it works ok for those sites the normal browser can't get
    I agree with you on that one. I prefer the bb browser. I use the opera mini for sites I have difficulty logging in, or difficulty viewing on the bb broswer.
    09-28-08 02:20 PM
    maybe thats my problem then. i cant log into my banks web site. everytime i do it says that i must log in first. which seems strange
    09-28-08 05:25 PM
    maybe thats my problem then. i cant log into my banks web site. everytime i do it says that i must log in first. which seems strange
    well if i were you i would check to see if your bank has online banking first before you go onto the wrong site and if you want go to BlackBerry and look for software and they have a couple of bank apps you can add to your bb
    09-28-08 05:31 PM
    I know my bank has online banking. No mobile site or software tho. Kinda crappy. For some reason my BB isn't sending the log in info. Don't know why.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 05:35 PM
    BB browser is always my first choice. However, opera is great for specific sites that do not render well on the native browser.

For example, some banking sites, eBay (full descriptions don't come up on the mobile version), etc.

For folks like me that do not carry laptops anymore, Opera Mini is close to indispensable as a backup browser.
    09-28-08 05:35 PM
    Sounds good where can I DL opera mini OTA. Please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 05:36 PM
    from your browser type www.operamini.com and download it straight to your bb
    09-28-08 05:40 PM
    I prefer the BB browser, works great for me.
    Last edited by saechavarry; 09-29-08 at 08:48 AM.
    09-29-08 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD