Hi,

(Curve 8310)

First off I do not have a microSD card yet (it's on it's way in the mail)

My question is this, I am using Desktop Manager 4.2.2.14 (I have access to 4.3, but a coworker installed it on his laptop and he got a blue screen of death when roxio media launched so im hesitant to try it =) Because i don't have a microSD card yet I can't enable mass media obviously, and when I transfer ringtones to my phone, there is no way for me to access the ringtone folder. Because of this my ringtones are saved under music not ringtones, and although I can set them for the phones ringer from the music folder, I cant set them for alerts such as text alerts etc. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way around this? I've tried over bluetooth but my HP laptop has issues with bluetooth so that's a no go.

Also wanted to know, when I get the SD card, will I then be able to transfer ringtones to the ringtone folder through Desktop Manager?

Thanks!
    03-06-08 09:14 PM
    Hi,

(Curve 8310)

First off I do not have a microSD card yet (it's on it's way in the mail)

My question is this, I am using Desktop Manager 4.2.2.14 (I have access to 4.3, but a coworker installed it on his laptop and he got a blue screen of death when roxio media launched so im hesitant to try it =) Because i don't have a microSD card yet I can't enable mass media obviously, and when I transfer ringtones to my phone, there is no way for me to access the ringtone folder. Because of this my ringtones are saved under music not ringtones, and although I can set them for the phones ringer from the music folder, I cant set them for alerts such as text alerts etc. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way around this? I've tried over bluetooth but my HP laptop has issues with bluetooth so that's a no go.

Also wanted to know, when I get the SD card, will I then be able to transfer ringtones to the ringtone folder through Desktop Manager?

Thanks!
    are you going into the profiles that you are wanting to edit? how are you trying to set them up?

and yes, you can transfer the tones via DM.
    03-06-08 09:16 PM
    Yes I did go to profiles and advanced.....but I just did it again since you suggested it...and i found the 'Browse' option which allowed me to access the ringtones in my music folder I created. Thanks =)

On a side note, yes I can transfer my tones in DM but it wont let me transfer to the phones Ringtone folder. It always defaults to the Music folder and I cant seem to change that. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
    03-06-08 09:55 PM
    did u click the SAVE after the switch
    03-17-08 04:18 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    03-17-08 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD