Hey I'm new to the BB world but I've been reading through this site for a few now. I've been seeing alot of praise for the BBM 5.0 and I couldn't help but download it myself. My biggest question is how do you use it? Do u have to have a BB to use it or can I connect to people that don't have a BB through yahoo messenger or any similar IM? I only know a couple of people that have BB's. Thanks
    {J}
    10-09-09 10:40 AM
    I've wondered the same thing. I only know 1 other person with a BB (all the rest are iphone junkies) so it doesn't seem to have much draw to me.

Although with unlimited texting, I'm not real certain that I understand why you would need it anyway. *shrug*
    10-09-09 11:07 AM
    its a different beast than just regular txting. Allows you to feel more connected to the other person, and way more functionality. Give it a try.
    10-09-09 11:36 AM
    its a different beast than just regular txting. Allows you to feel more connected to the other person, and way more functionality. Give it a try.
    I only know one person with a BB and they're not the type of person that I want to have unlimited access to me Lol. I'll have to find some more BB friends.
    10-09-09 03:22 PM
    I use it as a private messaging system with my boyfriend. Since normal text messages don't work between us - this is great. Also, free and much better than normal texts - messages can be longer, with smilies and statuses are nice too. :-)

Actually, I like it so much sometimes I wish I had more BB friends. ^.^
    10-09-09 04:08 PM
    Then crackberry is for u! Go to pin sharing and they have all catorgories to make friends.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 04:33 PM
    I don't have too many friends with BB's either, but I sure do txt lots...Oh well, maybe in the future?
    10-11-09 06:23 PM
    It's definitely a BB-only thing.
    10-11-09 08:59 PM
    yup BB thing only.

and yea well that goes to show you you need more BB friends LOL
    10-11-09 10:17 PM
    Yeah I do need some more BB friends. I've only been able to find 2 lol. Thanks for all the responses.
    10-12-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD