Little background first. I was with Verizon for the longest time (8 years). Never liked one phone that I got with them. Then switch to sprint with the family, and we got a family plan to share minutes and cut costs. Now our contract is about to expire (April 1), and decided that I am finally gonna try to get a phone that I'll enjoy! I did a lot of research about PDA style phones. Read lots of good things about Blackberry's, and lots of bad things about Treo's. And decided Blackberry is definitely the way to go.

I like the pearl because it has a camera, although I don't use it to take quality photos, there are times when I want to snap a shot of something worth showing to others. And I like the fact I can add a SD (micro?) card for storage. But I don't think I will like the combined keyboard the pearl has though. Feel like if I'm going to a pda style phone, I should get a full keyboard, and don't think i will like sure-type.

So then I looked at the World Edition. Full size keyboard, great! But no camera. And thought i read something about it not having MMS. Can I sacrafice those options? Not sure, since I never had to make that decision. But are they more important than a full keyboard? Nope, they are AS important. So it's a toss up between the two..

Then i noticed the Curve. Both full keyboard, a camera, and expandable memory. PERFECT!! But sprint doesn't have it... So then I started considering switching to a different carrier just for that phone, but that will be much more expensive being on my own plan.

And then.... I read a rumor that Sprint will be getting the Curve next month (April 17th is what I've read). But haven't heard anything definite from Sprint themselves.

So right now if I stay on the family plan, I have a few options:

-Pearl
    -World Edition
    -Believe rumors, and wait for the Curve

Or

-Switch to a different carrier, pay more, and get the Curve right away.

What would you do? Advice? Reassurance about any of these phones over the other?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve
    Last edited by srd05c; 03-26-08 at 10:24 AM. Reason: removed fact saying WE did not have expandable memory
    03-26-08 09:58 AM
    I would wait until the end of April, and see what happens. And the world edition does have expandable memory, just no camera. The Pearl is a very nice phone, it just takes a little while to get used to. Again, I would wait for the Curve though, I have a feeling it will be out very soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-08 10:16 AM
    I would wait until the end of April, and see what happens. And the world edition does have expandable memory, just no camera. The Pearl is a very nice phone, it just takes a little while to get used to. Again, I would wait for the Curve though, I have a feeling it will be out very soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You are right, just double checked the specs of the WE. Must have missed that. Removed that from the OP.
    03-26-08 10:23 AM
    Take the time and wait, if the curve seems to be what you want i can tell you, It's Worth The Wait!
    03-26-08 10:24 AM
    I would definitely wait for the Curve on Sprint it will come out soon and it is an awesome phone. I honestly believe it is the best BB out right now and I will switching to it when Verizon gets it.
    03-26-08 10:26 AM
    The Curve is cool. That's a personal choice, so, make a decision. Welcome to CB.
    03-26-08 10:40 AM
    The decision is best left up to you since you will be the one footing the bill. If the curve is what you really want then the best thing to do is wait for it
    03-26-08 10:49 AM
    My 2 cents-
    I'd wait it out...
    I have the curve and love it!
    Don't settle for something now, or something you're not happy with before you even buy it. April's not that far off, spend this time doing more research...
    03-26-08 11:22 AM
    Just did some more google searches on the curve for sprint, and it seems like a for sure thing!! thanks for the input everyone. definitely going to wait it out. SO EXCITED!!

http: //www. engadgetmobile. com/2008/02/11/first-pics-of-cdma-blackberry-curve-8330-surface/
    03-26-08 11:25 AM
    just found this link. looks like its final?

http: //www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/03/21/brightpoint-schedule-solidifies-sprint-8330-release-date-more/
    03-26-08 12:38 PM
    just found this link. looks like its final?

http: //www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/03/21/brightpoint-schedule-solidifies-sprint-8330-release-date-more/
    whoops, didnt see CB already posted this here

http: //www.crackberry.com/brightpoint-receive-sprint-variant-blackberry-curve-8330-april-16th
    03-26-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD