As a newby I have a problem that i know someone will know the answer to.
    having purchased an 8800 on e-bay, it came without software disc and manual. What I want to know is: what version of desktop software should I download? from the berry site. Thanks in anticipation.
    10-25-08 12:49 PM
    I would try the 4.6 available on RIM's website.
    10-25-08 12:51 PM
    The latest one is 4.6. It will work fine with your device . You don't need a manual when you have crackberry at your fingertips!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-08 12:51 PM
    As a newby I have a problem that i know someone will know the answer to.
    having purchased an 8800 on e-bay, it came without software disc and manual. What I want to know is: what version of desktop software should I download? from the berry site. Thanks in anticipation.
    Good question and yes, you can download the latest Desktop Manager (4.6) and BB OS software from Blackberry.com. I would check to see if your carrier offers the latest BB OS software from their website.
    10-25-08 12:52 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The CD that came with your new BlackBerry will install an older version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The first thing it will do is suggest you visit the BlackBerry support site to download and install the newest version.

Each version update includes improvements and new features, you should upgrade to the latest available, v4.6.
    10-25-08 03:56 PM
    I am using 8800 with the Desktop Manger 4.6 and it works fine!
    10-27-08 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD