Hello Forum,

I am a new BlackBerry user and this is my first post on this forum. I purchased a BlackBerry Curve (8320) a week ago and have been spending a lot of time learning to use it.

Anyway, when I check status, my file free size is less than 1MB with file total being over 56MB. From Options->Status->database sizes it states that I am using 915k. Is there a way to see what applications and data are taking up the memory? And how much memory that they are taking?

I have looked at the 101 tutorial on how to free up memory but it does not tell you how to find out WHAT is taking up the memory.

I find it hard to believe that I have been filling this thing up that fast in only one week. I have downloaded a few apps and have transfered my data from my old Palm III. But it seems that more memory is being used than should be.

Thanks for any pointers
    Cameron
    10-02-08 02:27 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Cameron.

Unfortunatly, that is not uncommon. Our consumer devices come with preinstalled sample video, music and pictures, in addition to the sophisticated corporate support software.

You data is just under 1 Mb, that is not overly large.

The best way to deal with it is to remove the samples and applications that you do not use.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    10-02-08 02:36 PM
    You can also do a soft reset every few days, or once a week and clear your memory... Soft Reset: ALT+Right Shift+DEL
    10-02-08 03:56 PM
    Thank you both for your comments. I ended up doing a battery pull and the free memory jumped up to 22MB. Maybe a memory leak, who knows... Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it and maybe try the soft reset next time, or see if I can identify an application that is causing the loss in memory.

Thank you
    Cameron
    10-03-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD