Hi there, Great site! theres a forum for almost everyone on this site. I am a newbie so I have some silly newbie questions. I got a black berry 7250 free a few years ago with my cell phone subscription from Bell Mobility and at the time I loved the treo 650 so I never activated the blackberry and kept it in the box until recently my treo started acting up, so now I want to use the blackberry. My problem is that I cannot find the software for the blackberry and I do not know where to go or what do download. My second question is, how do I transfer my contacts from my old phone to my new phone?
    06-15-08 09:13 PM
    Welcome to CB. I ditched a 650 to come to a blackberry too.

I don't believe you NEED any software in addition to the Operating System that comes loaded on the phone, however if you've had it that long, the OS is probably in need of upgrading.

If you'd like Desktop Manager, that can be found right on RIM's website, just do a google search for "Blackberry Desktop Manager" and you'll find it.

For transfering contacts, of course there's the old fashion way, that's how I do it Or you can use the SIM card method. Do some searches on this website for instructions.
    06-15-08 09:49 PM
    thanks sultan. I was lookign for the desktop manager. i will dl it. What is this "sim card" method you speak of? My phone is CDMA there is no SIM I am with Bell mobility. Is there a way to blue tooth it over?
    06-16-08 07:07 AM
    Good question, now we're far out of the reach of my knowledge. However, the folks on this site are wicked smart and experienced. I would go up to search forums and put in something like "transfer contacts without sim card" or some variation of that. Good luck bra!
    06-16-08 07:26 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    06-20-08 01:12 PM
    Welcome to CRACKberry!!
    06-20-08 11:06 PM
    Welcome to the forum!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-08 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD