I am new to the whole BB line. I had a sidekick but then went off to college in the styx, where all we get is cingular. Therefor I have been waiting for a proper phone that has messaging, email (even though I'm still a little hazy on how it works with the BB), and most importantly to me a datbook, to do, notes and so on. I have a RZR V3i and a Palm Tungsten. I just want one device. Is the 8300 the one for me? I need your help.
    05-07-07 01:49 AM
    Actually, every BB has those features. It just a matter of 'extras' and personal preference (e.g. media player, expandable memory).

Do you want a full qwerty keyboard, or would Suretype be sufficient (Suretype is a program built into BBs that don't have a full qwerty keyboard) Suretype isn't that hard to get used to - the Pearl uses it for example.

The 8800 is a very nice unit and I believe is more feature rich than the 8300 will be. Cingular also has the 8700 (good workhorse of a unit).

I suggest you go into a store and play around with them to get an idea of what you want.

Hope this wasn't too confusing, but your preferences didn't narrow down the field much
    05-07-07 04:46 AM
    I'd say 8700.. I've had one for a few months now and it's served me very well..

never rebooted and no problems whatsoever well other than problems with my carrier!

although I do like the curve....
    05-07-07 05:09 AM
    Coming from a device like the Razr, you're probably already use to the multiple letters on the same key. So, really a Pearl (8100) would work too, especially since you're use to something small...

But, of course if you're looking for a full keyboard (QWERTY), then the 8800 or 8300 (depending on carrier) is the way to go...
    05-07-07 06:37 AM
    My personal choice is the 8830 as it is GSM and CDMA.
    05-07-07 06:42 AM
    **Please don't double post your questions, thread closed**

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/830...-933/#post7889
    05-07-07 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD