Hey All,
    I'm new to this forum and I'm seeing a ton of talk about what everyone's PIN is. I don't have a BB but I'm thinking of switching so have been spending some time here.
    What does the PIN do?
    05-08-08 05:53 PM
    Hi,
    It works in the same way that messenger would work. Basically every individual Blackberry has a unique PIN code. You can contact any other Blackberry user by using their PIN number. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 05:56 PM
    Best thing is it's non stop talking and it's free(w/ carrier data plan)
    05-08-08 05:57 PM
    Hi,
    Apologies if this comes throguh twice - having probs posting!!!

Every Blackberry has it's own unique pin number. You can contact any blackberry user in a similar format to an IM program, just by knowing their PIN. The date is then sent using Blackberry servers. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-08 06:00 PM
    What is a PIN, and where do I find mine?
    A PIN is an eight digit alpha-numeric sequence that is assigned to every BlackBerry device. You can find your PIN code by going to Options>Status>PIN. You can also find your PIN code by typing "mypin" into an email (no quotes). The BlackBerry will automatically insert your PIN code.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...oes-work-5877/
    05-08-08 09:54 PM
    Welcome 2 the Crackberry family...
    05-08-08 11:37 PM
    your pin does less than you think:

1. bb messenger, to talk to fellow bb users.
    2. sometimes when downloading applications that you have purchased it asks for your pin in case you accidentally delete it and want to reinstall - then you can prove that you purchased it.

i think that's the extent of it, but then again, i'm still learning!
    05-19-08 03:56 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    05-19-08 04:14 PM
    Welcome!
    05-19-08 07:28 PM
    ok, I have the Messenger on BB, but when I go to add someone it asks for a Email addy...when I go to download the PIN Messenger (from Blackberry) I get my BB is not compatible, I have a 8320, please help..
    05-19-08 07:42 PM
    ok, I have the Messenger on BB, but when I go to add someone it asks for a Email addy...when I go to download the PIN Messenger (from Blackberry) I get my BB is not compatible, I have a 8320, please help..
    When you go to add, you press scroll to "Use Once" and highlight it. Once highlighted, hit the menu key and select "Request by Pin"
    05-19-08 07:44 PM
    When you go to add, you press scroll to "Use Once" and highlight it. Once highlighted, hit the menu key and select "Request by Pin"

Thanks I feel so dumb not to have been able to figure that out...

Thanks again
    05-19-08 08:16 PM
    Being dumb, and not knowing are two different things. Welcome to Crackberry, and enjoy.
    05-19-08 10:04 PM
    One of the best things about having a blackberry is that you learn something new almost every day!
    05-19-08 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD