I understand the concept that each phone has its own pin and that you can give other people your pin numbers, but what are all of perks with using the pin number? I'd just like to know how to use it or what to use it for?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered numerous times.... =/

Thanks!
    11-03-08 01:34 AM
    I understand the concept that each phone has its own pin and that you can give other people your pin numbers, but what are all of perks with using the pin number? I'd just like to know how to use it or what to use it for?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered numerous times.... =/

Thanks!
    11-03-08 01:35 AM
    11-03-08 01:36 AM
    You can exchange your pin numbers with friends or co-workers for blackberry messenger and it is basically the same as instant messaging and much better for sending pictures than MMS and SMS because there is no text limit. Its pretty awesome.
    11-03-08 01:39 AM
    So it doesn't really benefit me if I already have unlimited texting/picture messaging, I'm guessing?

Can you use it if you don't have service?
    11-03-08 01:46 AM
    No you need service to use it, as it uses data to send things. And a benefit is there is no character limit. And is faster than texting. Having it hurts nothing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 02:13 AM
    Is it free when on Blackberry service?
    11-03-08 02:36 AM
    yes it is free with a blackberry data plan and it doesn't use sms allotment
    11-03-08 03:07 AM
    it's to use blackberry messenger
    11-03-08 03:08 AM
    It should also be noted that natively PIN messaging is not encrypted as there is not much reason for it: you are obtaining someone's PIN before sending a message to them.

I have a few buddies who have disabled ALL messaging on their BB's BUT BBMessenger due to spam messaging on the others. Most everyone they contact and text with is BB user so it works out flawlessly. Not saying you cannot ever never whatsoever get spam on BBM but they have not as of yet. (??)
    11-03-08 04:06 AM
    No worries. In my signature is a link to the 101 series. Check it out, there's a lot to learn. But be careful, continued use of the Blackberry can and does lead to addiction. You'll always want more!
    11-03-08 05:54 AM
    BBM is an easy way to chat w/o giving out your phone number.

11-03-08 09:38 AM
    I feel the advantages to BBM is that you don't give out your phone number.

11-03-08 09:40 AM
    It's all about exclusivity as well. This system is setup so perfectly for messaging other bb users. When I see someone with a BB, I rather exchange pins rather than instant messenger screen names or emails. It is instant and you can send/receive pictures, recorded stuff from your voice recorder & more.
    11-03-08 10:48 AM
    It's all about exclusivity as well. This system is setup so perfectly for messaging other bb users. When I see someone with a BB, I rather exchange pins rather than instant messenger screen names or emails. It is instant and you can send/receive pictures, recorded stuff from your voice recorder & more.
    Ditto! I agree
    11-03-08 11:19 AM
    looking for blackberries
    my pin31a99b23
    m/39/Ct
    04-04-09 02:51 PM
    nice links, good find for sure
    04-05-09 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD