I have a 1GB SD card and would like to know if i can move emails, SMS, MMS to this card to free up some of the memory on my BB.

thanks!
    05-29-08 08:49 AM
    No. Only pictures, video, ringtones, and music can be stored on and accessed from the Media card. (That's why it's called a Media Card.) You can use the media card like a usb disk to store other files with Mass storage mode, but you can't access those files from the blackberry without 3rd party software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 09:04 AM
    Do I have any options for what I am trying to do?

thanks again!
    05-29-08 09:40 AM
    When you delete, you can just delete the emails on ur bb and keep a copy of the emails on ur regular email. As for text messages I'm not sure.

05-29-08 09:57 AM
    I'm posting from wapforums and don't have access to my files, but if you search for "blackberry memory" you'll find links to two procedures, one by John Clark and one by Stoner, that will walk you thru removing all the stuff you don't need. That will free up substantial memory.

As far as using the microSD card, the next major OS release is supposed to include Docs-to-Go. That will support storing Docs on the card.

05-29-08 10:00 AM
    Hello and welcome to CRACKberry. Yeah, so far only media can be stored on the SD card.
    05-29-08 06:47 PM
    Video, ringtones and pictures.

Welcome to CB.

Bienvenido a casa!!
    05-29-08 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD