Hello, new here but I have been using Blackberry smartphones for a while Z10, Regards
    07-15-19 11:46 AM
    Hiya from the Land of BB. After 19 years of owning numerous RIM/BlackBerry devices (still have my original 957 installation and user's guide & CD!), and although I doubt I will be able to contribute, I figured it was time to join the CrackBerry Community. I've been lurking in the background for many years and appreciate all the knowledge here within this community...saved my backside a few times! I am by no means technologically inclined, but rather very challanged and usually on the hunt for information... Thanks to All... Fade to Black

BlackBerry 957 (July 2000)
    BlackBerry Bold
    BlackBerry Tablet(x2)
    BlackBerry Classic
    BlackBerry Key2 (April 2019)
    08-02-19 04:50 PM
    I am happy to be here

Posted via CB10
    08-03-19 02:03 AM
    Hello from Leuven Belgium.
    I bought a second hand 8707v in pristine state and im looking around to see what i can do with it.
    09-30-19 06:27 AM
    Hello to everyone from the Chicago, Illinois metropolitan area.

My former employer provided BlackBerry models to us circa 2006. When I retired in 2009 I liked the BB so much that I bought an 8830 followed by my current 9930. I just purchased a Key2 LE and am attempting to figure out Android (presently, I'm still confused!).
    11-30-19 06:24 PM
    Hello to everyone from the Chicago, Illinois metropolitan area.

My former employer provided BlackBerry models to us circa 2006. When I retired in 2009 I liked the BB so much that I bought an 8830 followed by my current 9930. I just purchased a Key2 LE and am attempting to figure out Android (presently, I'm still confused!).
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!! Good luck and your probability just holding it wrong ;-D
    11-30-19 07:41 PM
    You're correct...I was wondering why the keyboard appeared upside-down!
    11-30-19 08:17 PM
    You're correct...I was wondering why the keyboard appeared upside-down!
    Android is usually corrected with 180 turn and iOS with a 90 turn. Since you’re here at CrackBerry we’re proud of technological solutions as such compared with our sister websites AndroidCentral or iMore which lack our sophisticated humor. Again, welcome and hope to see posts when you need those witty answers.
    11-30-19 11:22 PM
    Hi everyone
    12-07-19 08:05 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    12-07-19 11:16 AM
    Hi everyone from Dallas, Texas. Long-time BB user but new to the forum.

I don't know the model of my first BlackBerry but it was one with the little trackball that you could click to select things. After a few years I moved to a BB Torch, which I held onto for way too long (I still have it and it still works!) before it finally just got too old (Facebook app quit working, Twitter app barely works, couldn't download a lot of my podcasts anymore) So I tried an Android phone (Samsung Captivate Glide, a landscape slider). The Glide was better (working FB app and I found Finch, a decent Twitter app for it) but it was still too old, didn't have enough capacity (only 2GB AIUI), and the USB port had broken and only been partially repaired, so it would charge but wouldn't connect to a PC. Thus, I couldn't root it to install even an unofficial update to Android 4.4. I wasn't really happy with it.

Then I got moved into an office where I couldn't get a good cell signal (I have WiFi in here but needed cell service for SMS) so I decided I needed a phone that worked in the 700 MHz range (LTE band 12 or 17). So I went searching and found an unlocked BB Priv on eBay. It looked like a bigger, Android version of my beloved Torch with the same keyboard, it supported the coveted 700 MHz bands, and was a lot cheaper than a "modern" phone, so I took a chance and ordered one. Grabbed a SIM from a local AT&T store and (after a few hiccups and a little help from the AT&T store) was delighted to find I had cell service in my office again (band 17 as it happens)!

I'm pretty happy with my Priv but the learning curve was pretty steep, even coming from Android 4.0 to 5. Luckily, I found this forum and discovered I could update my new Priv to Android 6! I did that, making the learning curve even steeper, but at least I had this forum to help me along! So with y'all's help (I couldn't resist throwing in a Texasism) I'm having a good relationship with my Priv that will hopefully last a few years.
    12-09-19 09:01 AM
    Hi everyone!
    I have been visiting here few times and I think it's time to join.
    I used to have BB Bold 9700, then I got a BB Key one and now a Key2
    01-01-20 01:33 AM
    Hi there... I'm from Seattle, Wa. My first Blackberry was one of those blue jobs with the QWERTY keyboard. That was about 10 years ago. I then got an 8700G which kept until the lure of the Internet caused me to try an iPhone. I'm chugging along with a Priv now because Text is not going away and I need a tactile keyboard.
    01-03-20 06:09 PM
    Hello! I've been using BlackBerry since 2003 - the 7230 was my first, then on through the Bolds, the Q10, and now my trusty Passport. I'll keep using BlackBerry as long as they keep making them with tactile qwerty keyboards.
    01-28-20 11:32 AM
    Hello! I've been using BlackBerry since 2003 - the 7230 was my first, then on through the Bolds, the Q10, and now my trusty Passport. I'll keep using BlackBerry as long as they keep making them with tactile qwerty keyboards.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!! Post early and post often...
    01-28-20 01:38 PM
    Hello everyone! New to this site. Great information on here. I picked up a couple Classics for a sawbuck each from the Bay! One with a barely noticeable hairline crack in the screen and one that was "Android locked" as stated by the seller. Using the "10 attempt" method that I discovered on this site, I was able to unlock the mint condition Classic. Swapped over my sim from my iPhone 5s, disabled iMessage, and powered up the Classic. Wow! It came to life in all it's glory with all functions functioning! It's even now listed on my VZW account, with all ID numbers displayed, as my new device, and then promptly informing me that this device is eligible for an upgrade! Thank you Crackberry for all the fantastic information. Btw, FYI, both Classics are Verizon branded phones.
    01-29-20 04:07 PM
    Hello from Dallas TX,
    Was given a Priv, so I'm here to learn more about it from the technical standpoint. Hope it'll be a useful device!
    02-17-20 03:07 PM
    Hello Everyone, Long time lurker and long time BB user. I am from Vancouver, BC. I have owned a variety of BBs including Bold 9900, Classic, Tablet, Priv and now the proud owner of a new Key2 (purchased 2 days ago).
    Does anyone here know a BB repair place in my hometown? Like a cellphone shop or an authorized BB repairer?
    03-28-20 05:15 AM
    Hi there! New here, but have read forums on and off since I purchased my Bold 9930 from eBay. You guys have some really good information here. I'm looking to unlock mine, it's locked to Verizon, and I want to activate it on the t-mobile network using US Cellular 2, 3 G and get off the 4G+ roller coaster. I pretty much want to use it for text/talk and not bother with data, like using a flip phone without the flip and with all the BBerry features. Is this possible?
    04-17-20 06:18 PM
    Hi there! New here, but have read forums on and off since I purchased my Bold 9930 from eBay. You guys have some really good information here. I'm looking to unlock mine, it's locked to Verizon, and I want to activate it on the t-mobile network using US Cellular 2, 3 G and get off the 4G+ roller coaster. I pretty much want to use it for text/talk and not bother with data, like using a flip phone without the flip and with all the BBerry features. Is this possible?
    The 9930 is mainly a CDMA phone. GSM coverage is spotty.

Does TMO still support BIS? I thought only AT&T did.
    b9930bold9930 likes this.
    04-18-20 08:27 AM
    hello from ontario canada. i am new here !! https://vidmateapp.winhttps:/canlimacizle.red
    Last edited by katesmith1304; 04-27-21 at 01:37 PM.
    05-03-20 05:20 PM
    This small, strange, and almost useless update of BB World yesterday got me to finally create an account and participate! I'm a heavy BB10 user. Tried almost everything with Q10, Classic, Passport - and will keep pushing the limits. Happy to join in!
    05-29-20 04:39 PM
    This small, strange, and almost useless update of BB World yesterday got me to finally create an account and participate! I'm a heavy BB10 user. Tried almost everything with Q10, Classic, Passport - and will keep pushing the limits. Happy to join in!
    It's only useless if you don't plan on ever using BlackBerry World again after May 31st.
    05-29-20 05:50 PM
    It's only useless if you don't plan on ever using BlackBerry World again after May 31st.
    Good point. I actually do hope it can give us years of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-20 06:20 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I actually expected BBW to disappear several months ago, so I'm grateful for every day it exists. That BlackBerry notified everyone (last minute, but I think they themselves were taken by surprise) with a necessary update, tells me they are aware how much use it still gets, and do not intend - at least not this time, heh - to just delete it without warning.

Good point. I actually do hope it can give us years of BB10.

Posted via CB10

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    05-31-20 06:37 PM
2,445 ... 9495969798
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD