I am a brand new user. I click the web icon and get a number of links, but do not get an area to input the addresses I want to go to. Also when I click a link in an email the browser only shows the site name with no content.
    What incredibly simple thing am I missing?
    09-09-08 07:28 PM
    Menu / Goto will allow you to input an address. As for clicking the link, you may need to register your HRT:
    Options / Advanced Options / Host Routing Table / Menu / Register Now

Welcome to the forums! For good, general information, be sure to check out the Getting Started Guide and the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series under the Newbies tab at the top of the page.
    Last edited by JeffH; 09-09-08 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Welcome!
    09-09-08 07:58 PM
    Sorry, still confused. If the menu is the Icons, I dont have a goto icon. If the menu is not the icons I dont know where it is.
    09-09-08 08:22 PM
    While in a browser session, click the menu button which features the blackberry logo. You will have a go to option which will allow you to type in your desired url.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 08:36 PM
    welcome to cb and your in good hands here at cb
    09-09-08 10:30 PM
    While in a browser session, click the menu button which features the blackberry logo. You will have a go to option which will allow you to type in your desired url.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for the tip. It seems that verizon want to discourage using anything other than their links. Even with your info it was difficult, however I eventually prevailed
    09-10-08 08:50 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The Curve also has a handy keyboard short cut.

While in Browser, press G, that will take you to Go to... also. Pressing K will take you to your bookmarked sites.
    09-10-08 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD