Hi Everybody!

I have a Tmo Curve and I'm used to the Tmo Sidekick LX...

1) I was wondering about the Web apps: Browser, Handango, and T-zones seems to be intertwined to use the Browser as a starting point.

For example, I can go to t-zones and find it specifically hard to get the original home page on the browser. I have to go through a lot of steps before I can find the home page on the browser.

2) As I like CNN, eBay and Youtube, and this site primary as searches on the browser is there a 3rd party app for Youtube and especially eBay that I'm not finding? They had those options on the sidekick that I could pay a monthly fee for in the Catalog.

Getting specific websites are pretty challenging and I've already downloaded CNN as its own app but would like to get to where I need to go in a hurry.

3) I've also read about some phones being destroyed due to 3rd party apps? Is there a software that can "clean" the inside of the BB much like an anti-virus software?

11-01-08 03:49 PM
    Welcome aboard!

I'll let others more knowledgeable than myself to help you on those subjects.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-08 03:54 PM
    Hello and welcome to CB. I have lots of apps on my phone and it runs just fine.
    11-01-08 04:58 PM
    Here is a link to all the non-native apps on mine: http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/app...42/#post902968

So, (LOL!) I had 30; now I have 28. It is much smoother with the more free space, but I have run my phone at full capacity.

I believe you can set bookmarks in the native browser. I have hidden T-Zones and Handango.

There are webshortcuts. Here is one for eBay that I have on mine: BlackBerry Custom Web Shortcuts Free Downloads

Keep in mind it is a shortcut, not an app per se.

That guy will actually make custom shortcuts for you for a reasonable (IMHO) price.

Again, for sites that don't have shortcut apps, I just set them in my browser. It works very well. Depending on the connection/wi-fi, I can get to where I want to go quite fast.
    11-01-08 05:16 PM
    Hey, that's great advice!

I guess I already learned the hard way. I only had a few apps on mine but they were large and my BB caught the flu and started throwing up. After I cleaned her up she got back to normal but she can't handle a lot right now.

Wow...did that make any sense?
    11-22-08 11:45 AM
    Welcome SpicyPeppermint - great name!
    11-23-08 10:44 AM
    Thanks Kristi,

I was also admiring your avatar. The colors are pretty...
    11-23-08 08:07 PM
    11-24-08 04:58 PM
    Welcome SpicyPeppermint - great name!
    I figured out what it was that I was seeing...Those people had custom made THEMES and put their own words and such into their homescreen...
    11-25-08 02:50 PM