Howdy, I am Angie/Maybe Berry. I am from Texas, and I am looking into getting a cr..blackberry I am really interested in the Curve 8330. I have a lot of questions and confusions in my quest. Hopefully you'll be able to clear some things up. I tried to search but the amount of content is seriously baffling and quite overwhelming here when you search!

1. Is it possible to get EVERYTHING that I want for the price I want it ?
    I want gps, 3g, a family plan, unlimited email, txt, and data. I don't care who from, I just want a decent rate. I am looking for under 150 a month with all that on both blackberrys. I really don't care about unlimited txt that much, but I MUST have unlimited data.

2. Is there a huge massive insane difference between 8320 and 8330? do either use 3g technology? I really just want nice speeds for the internet, I am OVER waiting 5 minutes per page on my beat little sanyo. Which doesn't even display html!

3. Am I really even needing a blackberry? Sure, I love how they look generally, my Mother has had one for work for years, and now I think that's what a "grown up" phone should look like (I'm 23) Besides that I want a qwerty kb, a html viewable browser, gps, and easy email access, and perhaps even Instant Messenger access. I want to more easily schedule myself around my life. I am a student and have a full time job, and too many goals and projects to keep track of. Should I just get a less refined sidekick and shut up or is this a legitimate reason to become a cb?

A little more background, I just got a job that is going to be bringing in a good amount more a year for me and my fianc, but I don't want to just tack us into a very expensive contract because I want a blackberry. He's had a palm treo before(for work) after drooling over smartphones and said he never used it like he fantasized he would before getting it. I am obviously confused! And it doesn't help that celebs and places like this make it look so much more delicious!

-Thanks in advance everyone!
    09-28-08 08:40 PM
    well if ya thinking of gett a bb i concider the curve and depending on what carrier ya wanna go with ...the curve is 99$ and after 2 yrs u can upgrade
    09-28-08 08:52 PM
    I have verizon... My plan is 1400 min... 2 phones.... unlimited text messages to anyone, any network. unlimited night and weekends. all for $110 a month minus 20% thru my employer. Of course by the time you add taxes, insurance, road side assistance. vzw navigator, and the bis plan and unlimited national access and internet, it comes to about $200 a month
    09-28-08 08:53 PM
    ouch, yeah I don't think he'd go for that every month for two years. I don't think I need the road side assistance, or the navigator though.

I just wanted a great data phone that can help me organize my life better. Basically a tiny useful laptop.
    09-28-08 10:37 PM
    You can never go wrong with a bb. You can use them for everything.
    09-28-08 11:03 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Angie.

At this time, none of the available BlackBerry devices have 3G. We expect it very soon with AT&T and Bold.

I can not speak to AT&T coverage in your area, but the odds are pretty good that you will be in a major metro area and have coverage.

Do you need a BlackBerry? You need to be productive, then Yes.

Don't waste your hard earned money on toys.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 09-29-08 at 11:09 AM.
    09-29-08 10:48 AM
    I would look into the Verizon family plan for two phones, but I highly doubt you'll get under $150 for what you want. We are just above that for two Curves, unlimited data, 700 minutes, 250 txts each and unlimited nights and weekends. There are all sorts of extra charges that show up with taxes and junk.

You can't get 3G on a BB, but if you stick to mobile sites I've found nothing takes more than 30 seconds to load, and I live in the sticks.
    Last edited by bluebledthesea; 09-29-08 at 11:01 AM.
    09-29-08 10:56 AM
    Welcome to CB Angie! I can only speak to what I know..... I am on Verizon, and I have:

1350 minutes/month
    $5.00 text message plan (I think you can only get a $10 plan now)
    Unlimited Data Plan
    ---------------------
    $109.99 total before tax.

I have the Curve and I love it! It is extremely stable and customizable. I previously was a Palm Treo user...that was a horrible phone for me....constantly resetting, turning off, wouldn't work with the software intended for it, etc.

You can't go wrong with the Curve. Which carrier you go with is up to you.

Good Luck!
    09-29-08 11:05 AM
    My wife and I have unlimited everything and 2000 min a month with TMo for about $100 a line. That's higher than you want -- $150 a month. You might be able to get close if you drop some wants from your wish list. One way we saved money is we use T-Mobile @home and get our landline for $10 a month with their version of VioP -- saves $55 a month. So if you have a landline and wifi at home, you could use the savings to make up the difference.

I don't know where you live, but investigate because coverage is the most important thing. I've got great coverage here in Colorado, but I've heard T-Mobile's coverage isn't as good other places. The T-Mobile berry is the 8320 with WiFi. It's a GSM device with a sim card. This give you flexibility if you travel overseas. For $10 a month, all calls you place with your berry while on WiFi are called UMA calls and do not count against your minutes.

None of the devices you mentioned are 3g. It is coming to some providers faster than others. But if you want BlackBerry
    and 3g, you'll need to wait a bit longer for the Bold and after that, the next generation of berries in development. Visit some providers and play with what they are offering and see if the differences in speed is enough to make you hold out for 3g.

Don't think I'm a T-Mobile fanboy or anything. I'm just telling you what I have with them. Many CB members with other carriers are just as happy with their providers. Like I said, more than anything, coverage is the key thing to look at. My wife had AT&T for years and they had great coverage in Colorado and California. She often goes to Europe and the Middle East for work and said that with T-Mobile she and co-workers with it have coverage where many co-workers with other providers do not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 11:52 AM
    Oh, I forgot to say I love my curve. It is a great device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 12:00 PM

1. Is it possible to get EVERYTHING that I want for the price I want it ?
    I want gps, 3g, a family plan, unlimited email, txt, and data. I don't care who from, I just want a decent rate. I am looking for under 150 a month with all that on both blackberrys. I really don't care about unlimited txt that much, but I MUST have unlimited data.
    I have all of that for a total of $129 a month on two Blackberrys through Alltel.

And just so you know, since you want GPS, the 8320 is not an option. It has wifi and no gps.
    09-29-08 12:07 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-29-08 01:38 PM
    consider sprint. i have them. right now they have curve for $99 with 2-year contract. i have the 129.99 share for wife and i. includes:

-Data: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music Premier, Sprint TV Premier, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS)

-Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends, domestic long distance and no roaming charges

-1500 minutes

with this plan i get everything i need. sprintTV/Sprint Radio is good. you get ur BIS BB plan in there. you get GPS and sprint GPS is great. i recommend this plan. ofcourse insurance per phone is $7.00 so thats extra $14.00. add the tax. im lucky because i have a corporate discount of 30%. so for me with total+tax-30% discount= i pay $120.00 per month.
    09-29-08 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD