Hello crackberry! I am not an active member in the community bit I do read almost every post on the site. Well I'll start by confessing that I've never owned a blackberry but my sister was the first person I've seen with one (a Curve). My smartphone world started with an android phone and since then I've owned 3 of them (og galaxy tab, huawei y300 and a Nexus 4). I went on vacations to Mexico where my Nexus 4 (the fastest phone I've ever owned) was stolen and I then bought a cheaper phone (Huawei) but I want to switch the platform because of the sluggish performance and I've read many reviews of the blackberry Z30. ( it's by far my favorite because of. The huge screen!) but also read about incompatibility with many android apps. So that I was left with 2 options: to buy a Z30 or HTC One. Give me advice please!

Sent from my iPod touch using Crackberry formums
    04-06-14 02:26 PM
    Hi there,
    First off, (belated) welcome to CrackBerry!

The HTC One has a higher resolution screen, but the Z30 display looks great. For speaker & sound quality, these happen to be 2 of the best phones out there.
    The Z30 has amazing reception because of a new antenna technology it uses. Both have similar "bells & whistles" with streaming options & connectivity.

There are good keyboard options on Android, but the BB10 virtual keyboard is the best there is, and it's especially good on the Z30.

Messaging goes to the Z30 with the terrific BB10 Hub.

I really enjoy using BB10 and the Z30 is the best phone I've ever used. I'd say give it a try. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    04-06-14 03:05 PM
    Which apps are you needing?

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-06-14 03:11 PM
    In terms of app compatibility, 90% of apps work. The 10% being apps that require Google Play Services, which I have seen a few people around here figure out a way to get.

They are not perfect, but they work rather well and the runtime is only going to improve.

The HTC One is a beautiful phone too...
    04-06-14 03:11 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. I think it all depends what kind of work you do and how you interact with your circle of friends. If you are a power user in emails, documents, security, saving docs, remembering, notes, calling, recording and more, I think you will find the Z30 unequalled. The keyboard (virtual) is an absolute scorcher, the resolution is best for long term use in any lighting conditions and the battery will last all day.
    I have not owned a HTC, but a few friends have and as a social phone, they believe it beats the Samsung /iPhone by a large margin. By social I mean, you use emails to connect, but nothing special, WhatsApp to text, and instagram, line and vibes etc.. in this instance I think the HTC is going to be better for you.
    The game changer could be BBM.
    Check it out on CrackBerry. Good luck

Posted via Z10.
    04-06-14 05:06 PM
    Thanks everyone! I use google apps bit I'm not totally dependent of them, I'd use third party if it's the case. These days I also read z10 reviews and I went to stores where they didn't have the z30 so the z10 would be a replacement for me to enter Blackberry! What about the z10, they had dummy units so I couldn't try the OS, but at least I could get the dimensions. Just tell me if spotify, Instagram and games like asphalt are available. Once again thanks to everyone! I love to be part of this generous community!

Enviado desde mi iPod touch con CB Forums
    04-12-14 11:49 PM
    I believe that those apps are either found native in BlackBerry World or you can download them from Snap or Amazon or even from apktrain.com straight from your browser.

I honestly would just leave android for the security alone.

? BlackBerry Q10 ? Keep The Faith ?
    04-12-14 11:58 PM
    If you can get the Z30 that's what I would go for. The Z10 is going to have a smaller screen if that's an issue for you.
    04-13-14 04:49 PM
    Well z10's screen isn't as small as Q10's! Lol plus I don't know when, if Z30 is coming soon

04-13-14 11:24 PM
    Thanks again CB, it's nice to see almost everyone supporting the BBRY brand & products, 3 years ago I was a big Samsung fan but now I am learning to like Blackberry even If I don't have mine already, I went Z10 way! Hope it isn't too late

04-13-14 11:27 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Have you received the device yet?
    04-14-14 10:46 AM
    Welcome to the forums! The Z10 is a great choice. If you need help with getting the apps you want on your phone, make sure and ask, lots of helpful people here.
    04-14-14 08:21 PM
    ... Just tell me if spotify, Instagram and games like asphalt are available. Once again thanks to everyone! I love to be part of this generous community!
    Asphalt 7 and 8 are both in BlackBerry World. Real Racing 3 and several other racing games are in BB World too.

Neither Spotify nor Instagram is available directly through BB. However you can get some very popular 3rd part Instagram clients, like iGrann or BlackGram.

There are several ways you can simply load the Android apps for these onto your Z10 too.
    04-14-14 08:57 PM
    Belated welcome to CrackBerry!

I say go for it, get the Z30! Of course the HTC is a fine choice also!
    04-16-14 10:23 PM