Hello, I can't say enough how much crackberry has helped me with my new BB Curve (8330) adventure. I have been using palm os (Treo) for several years and switched to BB a few months ago. Hands down I don't know why I didn't switch earlier. One thing I miss is being able to view and print, memos, calendar, tasks etc. from the desktop with palm desktop. Is there any way to do this with the BB? I found Dynoplex but there is only one user review and he said not to download it as it cooked his BB? Thanks,

Dave
    09-05-08 11:38 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Dave.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Press Releases

...Beamer for BlackBerry, offers users of Bluetooth�-capable BlackBerry devices, devleoped by Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM),a way to print emails and attachments from printers with a Bluetooth interface. The menu option for printing can be integrated directly into the BlackBerry device menu, and the file doesn’t have to be downloaded onto the BlackBerry device for printing. Instead, a highly compressed print file is sent to the BlackBerry device. Therefore, it is possible to print the document in less time than it would take to download.
    Content Beamer has been vetted by BlackBerry. This may be a practical solution if you have the requried Bluetooth hardware for printing.

BeamBerry - View, Print, Store BlackBerry e-mail attachments

BeamPrint
    Print documents to a Bluetooth enabled printer.
    BeamBerry is much more than a document viewer though. You can also print your documents directly from your BlackBerry to any Bluetooth enabled printer. Simply pair your BlackBerry device with the printer and print your documents.

If your printer is not Bluetooth enabled, you can still print your documents to it by connecting a Bluetooth printer adapter to your printer that connects to the printer’s USB port. A key differentiator of our solution is that it allows you to easily and transparently print to over 1500 compatible printers from virtually any BlackBerry device, not just the latest and the most powerful BlackBerry.
    BeamBerry offers a similuar solution.

09-05-08 11:52 AM
    I think Agendus for Blackberry can do this (which I think is still beta-www.iambic.com). I too had a Treo and tried Agendus for a while. It took over the regular Palm desktop interface and I was able to print out all my Treo information.
    09-05-08 07:44 PM
    Great suggestions, thank you. A co-worker of mine installed the new Agendus for BB (Beta) and it killed his Curve (8330). He had to wipe and re-install everything on his BB. BeamBerry sounds good as well as Dynoplex. Dynoplex has one really bad review. I will look into BeamBerry.

Thanks Again
    09-05-08 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD