I was told by a rather rude AT&T rep today that come November, software will be available for their 8310 that will allow it to capture video. Has anyone heard about this? I'm thinking of purchasing one but taking video is pretty important to me. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by skyjackal; 10-31-08 at 03:02 AM.
    10-31-08 02:40 AM
    yes, you can upgrade to OS 4.5 and you get video capabilities. Look in the
    83XX forums for the link to the upgrade, follow the directions, follow the directions, follow the directions, and all will be good. I did it and it works great.
    10-31-08 05:55 AM
    Yea, I looove my 4.5 OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 06:26 AM
    The 4.5 update does so much more than video capture! It's a great update. But if you're thinking of purchasing a Curve, why not get the Bold when it comes out on Tuesday? I'm just curious.
    11-01-08 08:30 AM
    The 4.5 update does so much more than video capture! It's a great update. But if you're thinking of purchasing a Curve, why not get the Bold when it comes out on Tuesday? I'm just curious.

Well I've been trying to decide whether or not I want a phone bigger than the Curve. Yesterday I went to Best Buy and they had a dummy Bold which I was able to fool around with. Turns out it doesn't feel a whole lot bigger than the Curve. So I decided that I am going to go with the Bold. Can't wait! You gonna get one?
    11-01-08 02:37 PM
    I upgraded yesterday at the suggestion of T-Mobile tech support. It was difficult to get the Desktop Software to recognize the upgrade, but I did get it loaded. The video capture works great for me!
    11-01-08 03:35 PM
    Video works great on mine but I believe you need a memory card.
    11-01-08 05:00 PM
    I did the upgrade to 4.5 and it works just fine for me.
    I don't like the quality to much but oh well. I used it maybe like 5 times since i did upgrade (4 months ago).
    11-01-08 05:06 PM
    Same here. I wouldn"t wait any longer.
    11-01-08 05:43 PM
    How was he rude? What did he say? Did you report him?
    11-01-08 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD