Heya whats up-- Im thinking of getting the 8330 for Verizon (yes I am aware of the huge GPS scandal but I get a 25% employee discount and I'd prefer to save money). I am ATT right now using a crappy non smart phone-- I am aware that verizon is big on BREW and they like to infuse as much of the verizon OS as they can. My question is such:

Can you still get the BB applications that are on the BB Official website? Or does any and ALL application downloading (free or not) have to be done through verizon.

Also, does anyone have MLB gameday for Verizon BB and did you get it off MLB.TV or Verizon's website?

Thanks

Sauce
    09-08-08 01:41 AM
    I have the VZW 8330 and have had no problems loading any app from any location. I have also upgraded to 4.5.0.77 which is not VZW supported.

Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 05:52 AM
    You can get apps from outside VZW with no problem. My only complaint with VZW is that they turn off the RIM GPS except for 911 calls. But the coverage in my area is excellent and I have built in GPS in the cars anyways. Google maps is pretty nice also on my BB. 25% off sounds like a deal. There is another recent thread discussing the rates we are paying that may help you in your shopping. Good Luck
    09-08-08 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD