How come my user info (phone make, carrier, PIN) underneath my name comes and goes? I have it all entered in my profile. I was showing yesterday.

Hmm...so it worked on this post. I just made a reply in the Curve forum and it was not there. What gives??

Edit: Looks like it is just my browser or CB. I posted and it was there. I edited my post and it went away. Then I refreshed the page and it showed back up. Weird.
    Last edited by jdubau55; 08-26-08 at 11:45 AM.
    08-26-08 11:42 AM
    You answered your own question. When you make a post, the info doesn't show up until you refresh the page. It's not anything you are doing wrong.
    08-26-08 01:05 PM
    And this whole time I thought I was just missing a check box in the CP.
    08-26-08 03:35 PM
    Man, I've been here for awhile and just noticed that when you mentioned it. We are all noobies at times.
    08-26-08 03:49 PM
    LOL, You wouldn't believe how many new users got totally lost on the old version of the wap forum.

Unless you forced a refresh with every post or every time you checked a forum, you would be seeing your cached content.

We had some hilarious interactions back then, frustrated posters would think nobody was answering their urgent pleas when it had gone a couple pages.

The new one is so much nicer that way, but there are still times when you have to force a refresh with the R key.
    08-26-08 06:32 PM
    LOL, You wouldn't believe how many new users got totally lost on the old version of the wap forum...We had some hilarious interactions back then, frustrated posters would think nobody was answering their urgent pleas when it had gone a couple pages...
    Ah, the good old days....since you brought it up, why do we have an option to choose Wap3 or Wap for the View mode? I got mine in wap mode the other day, and couldn't figure out why it looked different until I realized the Quoted Reply and Abusive Post Reporting Tool Icons were missing. Any idea why we still have such a view available?
    08-26-08 06:50 PM
    You sparked my curiosity, what wap3?

I use wap.crackberry.com from the Browser and it directs me to forums.crackberry.com.

No response at wap3. What did you find?
    08-26-08 09:57 PM
    So you do have a wap3 view? When I am in my "normal" wapforums view, for each post, I have the word reply, for replying with a quote, and an abusive post icon. Yesterday by mistake I clicked on the "Return to Default View" option at the very bottom of the screen, which took me to the non-mobile friendly version. No problem, I thought, I'll just click it again and go back. But when I went to click it again, I had two choices, "wap" and "wap3." Since I wasn't familiar with wap3, I picked wap. For a while I couldn't figure out what was different. I just knew something was. Then I realized I didn't have the option to quote in a reply, and the abuse icon was missing. So I picked wap3, and everything came back to "normal."

That's how I came to the question. Why do we have two wap choices, one slightly less functional than the other?
    08-26-08 10:05 PM
    I always wondered this too.
    08-26-08 10:49 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD