i got my phone from a friend and the usb port is broken i charge my battery in a external charger...just wondering if the usb port is important enough to spend the $90 it takes to get it fixed?
    11-03-08 07:30 PM
    If you ever want to put music on your sd card it might be important

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 08:33 PM
    If you ever want to put music on your sd card it might be important

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    or you could pick up a memory card reader I have seen them as cheap as 12 bucks

but if you want to install some apps or backup or update the os you will need the usb port
    11-03-08 08:34 PM
    The USB port is also maybe the only way you can currently backup, restore, upgrade and add applications. Some apps are available for OTA download, others aren't. You'll gain a lot of usefulness of your bb with a working USB port.
    11-04-08 01:16 PM
    Have you checked Ebay? I'd be VERY surprised if you couldn't find it for less than $90 - but maybe that's just wishful thinking! Good luck!
    11-04-08 09:07 PM
    The question of is it worth 90 bucks to repair all depends on how much you like the phone and things you want to do with your phone. To me it would be worth it.
    11-04-08 10:24 PM
    i know cnn.cn sells the charger port, has anybody ever successfully changed the charger port out?
    11-05-08 02:48 AM
    I'd say so yes! Cannot imagine having no USB connection on my Curve
    11-05-08 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD