so, i read this thing on the site a few minutes ago, my carrier isnt t mobile, mine is Digicel (EDGE) and i have this curve 8320 v4.2.2.181 and i am wondering if i can upgrade it with the new software provided by the sie of tmobile? is it safe? i downloaded the software but i havent done a thing yet! so... i need help and supervision, can i do that? can i upgrade it and if so what are the benefits of an upgrade for a person like me who only uses the bb to chat with friends, browse sites and download videos and stuff... nothing reallys erious like bussiness... but i would love to have a faster bb and i would like to directly view videos from youtube and simila sites...

enlight me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    10-21-08 10:14 AM
    Look in my signature at the proper upgrade/downgrade procedure link. Follow that guide and you should be good. You can use the T-mobile version, but be sure to delete your vendor file, or it will not work. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask .
    10-21-08 10:23 AM
    ok, so, those links of yours are just the intructions or can i find the upgrade there for my mobile without deleting the vendor thing u mentioned before???
    10-21-08 10:26 AM
    it seems to be very complicated, would u mind telling me what are the benefits of an upgrade from my version to the newest?
    10-21-08 10:28 AM
    If it works well for you don't fix it.
    10-21-08 10:33 AM
    you have to delete the vendor file so it will load to the phone. the benefits are a video recorder and html emails. Its not too hard just take your time and follow the instructions in the proper upgrade and downgrade and you should be fine
    10-21-08 10:34 AM
    The OS that T-Mobile currently supports is v4.2.2.180, that will not accomplish much because it is the same as the one shipped with your device.

You are looking for the upgraded to v4.5xx, that will support the advanced features like Video, Voice notes, HTML email and many general improvements.

The good news is, we expect T-Mobile to release their approved OS upgrade soon now. When it is released, you will be able to use the BlackBerry web site Upgrade service.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

If you are in a rush, you can download and install v4.5xx from an alternate carrier, but it will require you to do the upgrade manually.

10-21-08 10:50 AM
    so if i upgrade to a 4.5 xx i can record videos???? what about watching videos from youtube???
    10-21-08 10:54 AM
    so if i upgrade to a 4.5 xx i can record videos???? what about watching videos from youtube???
    yes you can watch as well
    10-21-08 10:58 AM
    im a mac user, that wont be an issue?
    10-21-08 12:14 PM
    mmmmmmmmmmm it seems im pretty dumb for these things, if i buy a bold will that solve my problems??? can a bold record video and reproduce videos from the youtube site?
    10-21-08 12:18 PM
    The OS that T-Mobile currently supports is v4.2.2.180, that will not accomplish much because it is the same as the one shipped with your device.

You are looking for the upgraded to v4.5xx, that will support the advanced features like Video, Voice notes, HTML email and many general improvements.

The good news is, we expect T-Mobile to release their approved OS upgrade soon now. When it is released, you will be able to use the BlackBerry web site Upgrade service.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

If you are in a rush, you can download and install v4.5xx from an alternate carrier, but it will require you to do the upgrade manually.

Actually, T-mobile released 4.5.0.81 for the 8320 yesterday. It has not been released for any other T-mobile devices as of yet, but this user has the 8320, so he can upgrade through their software.
    10-21-08 12:22 PM
    Actually, T-mobile released 4.5.0.81 for the 8320 yesterday. It has not been released for any other T-mobile devices as of yet, but this user has the 8320, so he can upgrade through their software.
    by this user u meant moi?
    10-21-08 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD