I just upgraded my bb 8320's OS to 4.5 on my computer at work. Can I use the DM on my laptop-home computer or do I have to copy all my files from work to my laptop?
    (I ask this because I changed the Blackberry.alx file at my work to "unlock the hidden vendor themes" on my work's PC and when I connected my bb, the DM seemed to automatically make the changes for me updating the Blackberry.alx on my bb. I don't want the DM to make my bb loose some apps/themes)
    I hope all this makes sense, any suggestions?
    08-27-08 09:12 PM
    If you do not have an OS installed on your laptop home computer, then there shouldn't be an issue. If you do, then you need to make sure the OS is configured the same as your work computer. For example, if at home, you have OS 4.2 installed, then when you plug in your phone, DM will want to downgrade your phone.
    08-27-08 09:26 PM
    I do have an OS installed on my laptop, it is the same version (4.5), but the one at work is the one modified and the one that has my bb's current configuration. Should I then copy all the files on my work's PC's "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\'deviceOSversion'" to my laptop?
    08-27-08 09:31 PM
    Like I said, you will want to have the same exact configuration as your work computer.
    08-27-08 10:38 PM
    ok! thanks for your help!
    08-27-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD