GREETINGS
    Cool message board. Im Randy. Live in Orange county CA. I use cingular "now the new Att"

I just got a curve so Ill be reading up here to crack this thing. First order of business is to see how I can read my old email through my device cause Im only getting new email which really sucs so I gotta lug my laptop around just to read last weeks email???
    12-20-08 03:24 PM
    Can't answer the email question. I just have all pushed to the device. I can say welcome to the site and enjoy your curve.
    12-20-08 03:43 PM
    The BIS mail servers only process 'new' mail. Anything which was already in the mailbox (probably marked as 'read') when you setup the push service to your phone is considered to be 'old' and will be ignored. The only workaround I know is to forward all the mails back to yourself after you setup the phone so they arrive again as new messages in your mailbox.

This will become less important within a week or two as the old mails become history.
    12-20-08 04:54 PM
    I see its always been that way. I was hoping that by now they had developed a way to do it considering so many people have wanted that option.
    12-20-08 06:29 PM
    If you can only see new email, it sounds like you are low on memory and your devices is deleting them. What is your file free? Go to Options > Status to find it.
    12-20-08 06:36 PM
    If you can only see new email, it sounds like you are low on memory and your devices is deleting them. What is your file free? Go to Options > Status to find it.
    What should it be, or what would be a good number?? Thanks
    12-20-08 06:49 PM
    For things to run properly, 12MB which is 12,000,000
    12-20-08 06:52 PM
    Hello from another Southern California BlackBerry lover.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 06:57 PM
    GREETINGS
    Cool message board. Im Randy. Live in Orange county CA. I use cingular "now the new Att"

I just got a curve so Ill be reading up here to crack this thing. First order of business is to see how I can read my old email through my device cause Im only getting new email which really sucs so I gotta lug my laptop around just to read last weeks email???
    Can't answer your email dilema either, but welcome to the addiction! lol
    12-21-08 03:48 AM
    Any old email on a pc that you want on a BB is actually easy. Change those emails to "unread" and they will show up on your BB.

12-21-08 03:52 AM
    vndlewis is right on and it is easy to do. Who knows you may set a record for the most emails to a BB at one time :>).
    12-21-08 05:57 AM
    Any old email on a pc that you want on a BB is actually easy. Change those emails to "unread" and they will show up on your BB.

I just tried that but nothing. I use web mail on yahoo if that makes a difference.
    12-22-08 11:50 PM
    I have yahoo and that is what I did. Try moving them to a folder and then back to your inbox.

12-22-08 11:55 PM
    I have 19,xxx,xxx

I set my options to save messages for three months so I thought it would login and suck down the last three months off the server, but it just ignores everything prior to the device email setup. Which really sucks cause I need to be able to refer back to old email frequently without a computer. I guess I can login to my yahoo accnt to read my mail but it sure would be handy to have it on the device.
    12-23-08 12:04 AM
    Then forward it to yourself. I have an email on my BB from a year before I got it.

12-23-08 12:19 AM
    welcome to crackberry.
    12-23-08 01:40 PM
    Welcome to CB don't know if this will work but I think it's worth a try go back to your Yahoo mail and mark the email's you won't as unread and see if they will come in if not just resend them to yourself and then save them on you phone. I hope this will help.

12-25-08 03:32 PM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

Sounds like you have a lot of advice, so I won't add anything.
    Enoy the site.

12-25-08 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD