"Hey everyone! I've had my pink pearl only 4 days and I tell ya I keep askin myself" wtf have you done?!Run back to your helio ocean now"but I must also admit as crazy as my bb is making me I still want to hang in there and become the bb pro I know I can be!!! (But I still got the fedex box ready just in case I can't handle the pressure)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-08 11:18 PM
    I was told by several people to give the BB pearl at least 2 weeks to get accustomed to. I guess I was ready, because it didn't take me nearly that long, but even the VZW rep told me, "You'll hate it for the first 2 weeks and then you'll love it."
    02-17-08 11:21 PM
    Yeah vz rep said that to me also so I'm going to keep at it and see where this bb ride takes me!!!

02-17-08 11:33 PM
    Hi! I'm in the same boat as well. I switched from a sidekick II to a pink bb pearl 8130. Sometimes I find myself getting annoyed or missing the full qwerty keyboard. But I think if we hang in there we will grow to love our blackberries!
    02-17-08 11:34 PM
    I totally agree with both of you at first i was like i'm lost how the heck does this thing work, but playing with it for a couple day's i've figured it out quite a bit and is not as bad as i thought it would be.There's bairly no limits to what these BB's can do.I just wish the color pearl softwear would work on the 8130's not just the 8100 older model.I'm surely keepin mine just have to have faith and be patient!
    02-18-08 12:27 AM
    I was told by several people to give the BB pearl at least 2 weeks to get accustomed to. I guess I was ready, because it didn't take me nearly that long, but even the VZW rep told me, "You'll hate it for the first 2 weeks and then you'll love it."
    they must train their reps to say this b/c i was told the exact same thing! i never hated the pearl, tho, and got used to suretype very quickly. i really like suretype, actually. love the pearl. nice choice!
    02-18-08 06:58 AM
    Welcome to CB
    02-18-08 07:10 AM
    "Hey everyone! I've had my pink pearl only 4 days and I tell ya I keep askin myself" wtf have you done?!Run back to your helio ocean now"but I must also admit as crazy as my bb is making me I still want to hang in there and become the bb pro I know I can be!!! (But I still got the fedex box ready just in case I can't handle the pressure)
    Wecomle to CB & BB. Hopefully we'll see a post in this thread soon saying "How could I have ever even thought of returning my pink Pearl?!"
    02-18-08 07:16 AM

Actually, having played with my SIL's bb, I was kind of used to them, but it took me no time at all to get used to my Pearl. I did what I usually do--read all the literature that comes with it, and then went out and got a couple of other books on it,then got online and found this place.

Between all of that, It was a piece of cake.
    02-18-08 08:58 AM
    Hang in there, I went from a sidekick to a 8830 BB and I love it. I have only had it for two weeks but its everything I wanted from emails to SMS. Stick with it you will love it
    02-18-08 09:06 AM
    If you miss the QWERTY, why not get a Cuve or an 88?

02-18-08 10:07 AM
    Actually, having played with my SIL's bb, I was kind of used to them, but it took me no time at all to get used to my Pearl. I did what I usually do--read all the literature that comes with it, and then went out and got a couple of other books on it,then got online and found this place.

Between all of that, It was a piece of cake.
    They have books for these? I'm gonna have to find that. I've had mine for about four or five days and have become completely addictive.
    02-18-08 02:16 PM
    Hope you hang in there. I agree with Adlen, if you want the qwerty keyboard back,why not try out the curve? Let us know what you decide and if you have any questions, just ask.

02-18-08 02:27 PM
    i actually hated the pearl & cried the first night, lol.

maybe it was because i was on the phone with verizon for FOUR hours.

the bottom line... i LOVE my pearl.
    02-19-08 12:54 AM
    ive not had my pearl for a week, and i too was thinking about it my second day of owning it. watching the battery drain before my eyes faster than i could charge it. the increase (even though i get 20% off) in rates, the difficulty in adjusting to the lack of T9 that i had grown so accustomed to using on my previous phones.

same week, 2 days later to be exact.. i love it, today it held a charge almost all day long, texting is so easy to me now.. still learning the keypad, but way easier.. playing with the GPS is fun. and over all a great phone thus far.

the driving reason for my purchase of the pearl though wasnt its functions, it was its form. i love Bar phones, i hate flip phones, and this fit the bill perfectly.

its funny though for the last year and a half of my two year contract with sprint i hated my sanyo RL4939... but now, even with my sleek and cool BB Pearl.. i really miss that phone, and its near 3 day battery life, and simplicity of use... but man.. this pearl rocks.

cheers
    02-19-08 01:20 AM
    I'm finding the more I use the Pearl, the better the battery gets. I've been texting on it all night beginning at a 70% charge and there's still a 60% charge left.
    02-19-08 01:22 AM
    i'm a huge texting nut lol.
    dunno why.. well it does save me a ton of minutes, and i figure if they dont want to take the time to text me.. it cant be that important to waste my minutes lol.
    02-19-08 02:36 AM
    Glad to know so many feel my pain! Last night me and this pink bb started falling in love. maybe there is hope for a fulfilling relationship! (at least for two years)

02-19-08 07:39 PM
    oh yeah, you're almost to the point where no other phones even exist. you even used the "L" word. lol
    02-19-08 07:43 PM
    I hated the pearl. i hate the white one from tmobile. my friend was a rep from there and was the one who sold it to me who also told me that i would absolutely hate it for 2 weeks and that i would get used to it. when i went on vacation after having it for a few days and got absolutely NO SERVICE what so ever, i went back to my old carrier and back to a razor for a while. i was a little scarred at first but now i have a 8830BB and i love it! im sure it was nothing against the pearl. Probably just Tmobile servie. im sure i would have gotten used to the Pearl and loved it just the same
    02-20-08 03:36 PM
    itll grow into you lol
    03-16-08 06:39 AM
    Hi and welcome.
    03-16-08 11:17 AM
    Whatever you do dont leave Blackberry
    03-16-08 04:52 PM
    Hi! I have the same phone for about a month now and had the same feelings now all I can ask myself what would I do without it!

03-16-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD