Hi there.

I have just got my sim free att Curve 8310 from ebay. its great in every way and I've had a blact installing apps OTA on it. (I'm fromiPhone btw).

The only thing is, the option to register a personal email account wasnt there during set up. I've tried doing the whole HRT- Register Now ting in settings, but still no luck.

Oh well- so I try do it online, and my compter tells me that my PIN is already in use. The thing is I have 2 PINs. the one on the box is format 4numbers,2letters,1number

but the phone tells me its 7number1letter.

It's the latter one which is saying its already used.

What do I do from here?

Please help, thanks!
    07-26-08 03:19 PM
    Call att and have them remove the old pin! Its only because someone had the device previous. No biggie!
    07-26-08 03:21 PM
    Its the one on the device that counts.

If your carrier will not release the PIN you will need to contact the seller and have them do it.

Welcome to CB
    Last edited by Hazysky; 07-26-08 at 03:45 PM.
    07-26-08 03:26 PM
    Calling AT&T may not do anything. Speak to the blackberry support group as they may be able to contact the user that has it on the account. Other than that, it won't be released. Who knows, you may get lucky
    07-26-08 03:44 PM
    Also welcome to crackberry.com
    07-26-08 03:45 PM
    thanks for the tips.
    so if I dont get it released, I have no email? and if I do, then all should work?
    07-26-08 03:53 PM
    Also, how do I contact the BB support group?
    Thanks!
    07-26-08 03:54 PM
    thanks for the tips.
    so if I dont get it released, I have no email? and if I do, then all should work?
    That's correct. You would be able to download the gmail application or yahoo go though but not be able to use the built in email features.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 07-26-08 at 03:59 PM.
    07-26-08 03:57 PM
    Calling AT&T may not do anything. Speak to the blackberry support group as they may be able to contact the user that has it on the account. Other than that, it won't be released. Who knows, you may get lucky
    Im sorry Jayden I have done this twice just speaking from experience!
    07-26-08 04:02 PM
    Thanks guys.
    I should have explained more. Im in DC using a GOPhone sim.
    When I get back to london Ill be putting in my regular tmobile sim and have a blackberry data plan.
    However ATT still would not understand what I meant by releasing the PIN. am I screwed from this?
    07-26-08 05:08 PM
    Welcome to CB nonetheless.
    07-26-08 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD