So I have the Blackberry 8320 Curve, but I don't have an internet or email plan yet. Basically, I am just using the phone for its other features until the summer. However, my University campus has wireless Wi-Fi throughout and I just figured out that I can access the internet via my University Wi-Fi! My question is: Am I getting charged for this at all because I don't have an internet plan? Or am I using the internet for "free" because it is through my University Wi-Fi?

Thanks!
    01-31-08 06:47 PM
    You're not being charged because it's Wi-Fi. But you should def consider getting the unlimited internet plan, you get what you pay for.
    01-31-08 06:54 PM
    Just a q: do you have a mobile inet plan on your cellphone? (most carriers wont allow it cause its a conflict, but if you switched phones to a BB its possible)

If so, its using your mobile inet - it happeend to me = $$$
    01-31-08 06:56 PM
    He said he doesn't have an internet plan, but the 8320 has wi-fi which means that as long as there's a router available he can browse the internet for free.
    01-31-08 06:59 PM
    Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply.

I am thinking about getting an internet plan this summer, but I don't really need it now because I'm still in school.
    01-31-08 07:15 PM
    Just keep in mind that if you are in a poor Wi-Fi signal area, your phone may use the cell connection for internet, that can cause a per kb charge. This adds up fast, even on Edge.

As stated previously, the data plans can save a lot of headaches down the line.
    02-05-08 03:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD