Hi.

I have a Pearl 8130, and somehow I accidentally turned on the word predictor.

It drives me crazy.

I've turned it off once before, but can't recall how. Can anyone please guide me through this?

Thank you.

Alan
    05-21-08 04:08 PM
    Hi Alan,

You should be able to click your "Application" button, choose "Options" and from this menu, choose "Spell Check". From within the Spell Check menu, you should be able to select how you want to configure the typing on your Pearl.
    05-21-08 04:16 PM
    Thank you for your quick response, but I'm afraid it didn't work. I went into Options, Spell Check, and all I have is Ignore Case, Ignore Acronyms, Ignore Words with Numbers, Spell Check Email Before Sending. None of them fixed it.
    05-21-08 04:23 PM
    Hi Alan,

Go to the main applications view on the Pearl.
    Choose Options (it's the little crescent wrench icon) and select it.
    Scroll down to Language and click the trackball.
    Under "Input Language" you want to either select your language with Multitap (to enable Multitap) or without (which puts you into SureType mode). For example, I selected English (United States) to get SureType.
    Now just click the menu button and select Save and you're back to normal.

If you do not choose SureType, you will be in the default mode which means you'll have to type out the words in full and will not receive the predictive text drop-down.
    Last edited by digitaldisguise; 05-21-08 at 04:49 PM.
    05-21-08 04:43 PM
    Hi Digital.

I've just tried that, but I don't receive the option you list.

I wish I could remember how I figured it out before. It sounds very very close to what you're describing.

I'm so appreciative of your time and help. Thank you.
    05-21-08 04:47 PM
    You're a genius!

I opened an email, clicked on the trackball, Full Menu, and then Enable Sure Type. That fixed it. I'm so greatful for your help.

Blackberry made this so easy to find(!).

This is a great site. Thanks again!

alan
    05-21-08 04:52 PM
    Hi Alan,

If not mistaken, the method you followed is on a per message basis. As long as you have OS 4.2.2. the instructions listed above should allow you to permanently change it. If your method worked permanently, awesome and happy Berry'ing!
    05-21-08 05:01 PM
    It seems to be working all the time now. Thank Goodness (I find it impossible to type with the word suggestion). Thank you again.

Alan
    05-21-08 05:25 PM
    welcome 2 crack!
    05-21-08 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD