New to the BlackBerry World and just stopping in to say what up!

I've heard about people being addicted to their phone, but, I'm not addicted yet.....so, I'm wondering what am I doing wrong? lol.....what do you guys do on your phone's that's so addicting? Is it because you get all your emails through your phone all day? What has you addicted to your phone?
    10-12-08 08:15 PM
    You are not alone. I got a Curve, my first BB ever, almost a month a go and to me it's just another smartphone. Not addicted at all.
    10-12-08 08:29 PM
    Give it a little time and you'll be as addicted as the rest of us. There's many things about a bb that are addictive! The bb messenger is a big one for me....and of course bein on crackberry!

Welcome to cb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 08:32 PM
    If the Crackberry addiction grabs you it doesn't let go.

Yes, I love knowing my email just shows up.

I also enjoy surfing the web, watching vids on youtube, and chatting on the CB forums.

I play lots of great games on my BB.

I change my themes and wallpaper to suit my mood so my BB screen always looks different.

I use the navigator to get me where I'm going.

I set alarms for all the important events in my life.

I listen to music and watch TV shows and movies I have loaded on my BB.

I find all of this at various sites on the web as I'm not forced to go to the "company store".

Finally, in between all of this I love that my BB Curve slips right in my pocket and I hardly notice it's there.

I could go on but I'll give others a chance.
    I love that my BB works just like it should.

10-12-08 08:35 PM
    Great explanation.... and to have typed all of that from you're bb. You're good. I'm addicted to my bb also!

10-12-08 10:20 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!! Messenger and the crackberry launcher equals addiction!

10-12-08 11:41 PM
    being new to BB and CB (only had my BB for 9 days now) i've found myself more addicted to CB than to my BB. there's a ton of stuff available for these "phones", i didnt know it was this serious
    10-13-08 12:17 AM
    Give it time...the BB addiction will take over...everyone one has it...and it took over them...jus play n learn....the phone will do the rest

10-13-08 12:50 AM
    Just the fact that you can learn new things everyday fromt his website.

The random beta links to make sure your phone has the latest and greatest.

Sitting in and listening to our resident experts like Crucial tells about what could be coming

Knowing that that there is a whole community here that is willing to help and MOST are friendly.......PRICELESS

10-13-08 12:57 AM
    Many reasons. The things mentioned above along with the fact that I can remotely manage my personal server via ssh as well as chat in IRC channels no matter where I am.
    10-13-08 12:58 AM
    Dude just being connected everywhere I go is what does it for me. Web/Aim/BBM, emails, **** even the camera makes having the berry a bonus. There's so much more I COULD use it for that I don't because if I did it would never leave my hands. =)
    10-13-08 01:46 AM
    I listen to music and watch TV shows and movies I have loaded on my BB.
    I've been trying to watch video's and TV shows on my phone, but, I always get an error message or that my phone won't allow me to watch. How do I fix that problem? I have an 8830.
    10-13-08 05:07 PM
    Many reasons. The things mentioned above along with the fact that I can remotely manage my personal server via ssh as well as chat in IRC channels no matter where I am.

What is SSH and what are IRC channels? Please type slowly.....lol....I'm new to the lingo....
    10-13-08 05:09 PM
    Just the fact that you can learn new things everyday fromt his website.

The random beta links to make sure your phone has the latest and greatest.

Sitting in and listening to our resident experts like Crucial tells about what could be coming

Knowing that that there is a whole community here that is willing to help and MOST are friendly.......PRICELESS

This does seem like a dope forum!
    10-13-08 05:10 PM
    It does everything I need it too.

Make calls
    Keep track of appointments
    Have all my contacts
    All my emails pushed to the phone
    Brick breaker
    CB
    I can FB and Myspace anywhere
    Sooooo many more things

OH, now thanks to Beckymae my BB is HOT!!

10-13-08 05:17 PM
    Well I just have an addictive personality so it didnt take long for it to take me over lol. The email, messaging,navigator,themes,BRICKBRAKER,pacman,web, calender,mediaplayer. I could keep going but im tired and I have to get back to my BB its makin me a cup of coffee.

Oh and welcome to CB
    10-13-08 05:17 PM
    got addicted due to the easy ability to type messages. finding myself sending emails on my phone more than then the computer. i don't live on my phone but can't live with out it. i'm use to high end phones like the tilt but the constant freezing and restarts finally wore thin. then when i found out i can get unlimited data and emails overseas in any country i was done. with the tilt is was only 20 countries, 50MB and twice the price. I'm the type of person that don't keep a phone usually past 6 months due to always got to have the next best thing. Plus a bad influence on others. Everyone i know now owns a smartphone thanks to me. My daughter even has HTC 8525 (pre Tilt) and she's in middle school. But i never went to the darkside(Iphone) and never will go back to HTC phones. Blackberry's relaibility so far is unmatched and easy of use is crazy. Watchout Bold here i come lol.
    Last edited by Silentpoet; 10-13-08 at 06:47 PM.
    10-13-08 06:43 PM
    Welcome to CB and the more you dive into your phone and everything it can do you will start to get an addiction.
    10-13-08 10:11 PM
    Try adding 50+ friends on BBM and always having someone to talk to.
    10-13-08 10:27 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Addiction comes in many forms. My is the 8330!
    10-18-08 05:02 PM
    Tesla, nice BB

I find myself finding new things to be addicted to, but recently I D/L the free Viigo from here and installed and customized it and OMG it is definitely where I am all the time. Perfect finance and stock readings, news, you name it.

In fact I am currently working on a way to use the BB while asleep, thus making it work for every situation BUT driving (well, it SHOULDN'T be used while driving anyway). Just like the coffee cup was always in Bill Lumbergh's hands so is my BB always in mine
    10-18-08 08:49 PM
    I told myself I wouldn't get addicted. I was wrong. I love getting my emails, going online from anywhere, and I can actually see my screen when I'm outside.
    10-18-08 08:53 PM
    I dont even have a BB yet, but im addicted to the forums here...You guys are seriously the most dedicated people I have ever met ...Im ready to get my addiction on, but I am currently waiting for the Javelin, and my contract should be up by that time
    10-19-08 03:04 AM
    i got a curve 8310 from my work as we are all supposed to have them...i love it...i will never go back to another "normal phone". The QWERTY keyboard is soo much easier to type with then the lousy itap method of conventional cell phones. The BlackBerry has soo much potential. It can do just about anything you need it to while working on the road...well except for changing the channel on my TV...but that's in the works
    10-19-08 11:06 AM
    I've been addicted to crackberrys for 5 years....I tell my self I can quit whenever I want. I just don't want to.
    10-19-08 11:28 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD