Help! I am trying to add a Sandisk 4gb Micro SD card to my BB 8830 world edition. When I first put the card in BB reported that there are errors on the disc and I should connect to a PC and run a disc check.

So connecting Sandisk to a PC the 4gb disk shows up fine. I run the scandisk and there are no errors. Disc properties shows appropriate 4gb available space.

removed disc from PC and re-inserted into BB. Now there is no message on BB and Media card option says "a Media card is not presently inserted in the device"

tried re-inserting several times and same result.

Re-connected Sandisk to PC and ran a "Format" on disc. This went fine. then re-inserted into BB and still no luck.

Even tested copying files to Sandisk on PC. This works fine as well

Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long note.
    10-29-08 10:46 AM
    Format in the BB. Options>media card>menu>format.
    Welcome to CB!
    10-29-08 10:48 AM
    While you're there check your settings.
    Media card support: ON
    Encription: NONE
    Mass Storage: ON
    Auto Enable...:YES

Hit the 101 link in my sig for lots more info.
    10-29-08 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies.

When accessing Media card>Menu> "Format is not an option"
    status message says "media card not inserted"

Yes, all settings are correct
    10-29-08 10:56 AM
    Thats not good. Make sure it's inserted correctly. Was it new? Where did you get it?
    10-29-08 11:09 AM
    I have inserted it multiple times and tried to be very careful.

Not sure if it is new or not. Was pretty cheap.

Bought it online through Amazon who subbed it out to a a company called Nextweb sales

(1) Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC Memory card with SD adaptor = $5.26

Looks like I get what I paid for huh? Weird how it works fine when connected to the PC.
    10-29-08 11:15 AM
    Not sure. I would go to WalMart and pick one up. Try it and if it works send the other back. If not WalMart will take anything back and the issue is with the phone. Wait what os do you have? Options>about 4.X.0.XXX
    10-29-08 11:27 AM
    V4.2.2.148 (platform 3.0.0.67)

Should I upgrade?
    10-29-08 11:34 AM
    Well 4.2 is only supposed to support a 2g card. BUT if that were the case the phone would still see the card but it would only show 2g.
    10-29-08 11:37 AM
    actually it should be fine.

:

BlackBerry Device Software Media Card Size Limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0
    Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and above Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 Up to 32 GB

and there is no 4.5 for the 8830
    10-29-08 11:44 AM
    I had a bad card with all the symtoms you described but I would go with pltaylors advice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 11:49 AM
    Thanks for the advice and help.
    10-29-08 11:54 AM
    Just happened to me yesterday w/ my new BB.... Do a battery pull with the memory card already inserted. Should work Good luck!
    10-29-08 11:58 AM
    THAT FIXED IT!

YOU ROCK arose4me7305!
    10-29-08 12:20 PM
    Sweet! I love it when a Newbie teaches me some thing! Good info arose.
    10-29-08 12:22 PM
    Hey I have a quick question relating to a media card.

I have an 8330 and just downloaded two free games, Pacman and Space Invaders. I got the microSD card out of my BB, unzipped them on my computer(which brings up another question, isn't there an unzipping program for BBs?) and then.... didn't know what to do with them. Haha!

I have two folders on the microSD card now in the BlackBerry folder, Pacman and Space Invaders. Can anybody help me finish the process? I love me my little phone games!
    10-29-08 01:34 PM
    use app loader in Desktop manager to install the games. They go in the device memory. So it has nothing to do with the memory card. As for BB unzip....http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/zip...ay-only-85859/
    10-29-08 01:48 PM
    use app loader in Desktop manager to install the games. They go in the device memory. So it has nothing to do with the memory card.
    Um, okay. Can you take me step by step how to do that?

I can move them from the media card to the device memory without having to take out the microSD card, right?
    10-29-08 02:30 PM
    So glad to help!!!

You can imagine how FURIOUS I was to put my memory card in my new BB (got an exchange), and none of my stuff was showing up! I was about to throw the thing, LOL.... Did a battery pull and VOILA! Your pics will probably be saved to "Device Memory" instead of media card which is what happened to mine (not sure why?) but it should all be there!

Glad you got it workin'.
    10-29-08 03:14 PM
    Um, okay. Can you take me step by step how to do that?

I can move them from the media card to the device memory without having to take out the microSD card, right?
    The games you downloaded. Did you download to the pc or with the phone?
    10-29-08 03:22 PM
    With the phone, onto the microSD card, I just used the computer to unzip the files. They're on the microSD card in my phone as I type.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 04:07 PM
    You will need to move them to your pc and open desktop manager. Go to application loader. Open the file containing the games and app loader will install them.Lecture 9: How To Install and Manage Third Party Software Applications On Your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    10-29-08 04:20 PM
    Oh wow, thanks a lot! I got confused when you said the desktop manager.. didn't know it was the one on my computer! Haha, thanks a lot!
    10-29-08 05:53 PM
    This is what exactly happened to me at first!!
    But when i went to format from the computer it wouldnt allow me to format.
    12-09-08 04:04 PM
    wait what is a battery pull? i want mine to be fixed tooooo
    12-09-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD