Connecting to my DM is hit and miss. It will take a while to find the BB, then it will drop it, while tryng to download something.

Is this a BB or DM problem? Any advice on how to get it to connect right away?

Thanks
    11-15-08 04:56 PM
    Restart your PC and change the usb cord into another slot.

I had an issue with the PC not recognizing it. If that doesn't work, delete and reinstall DM.

Welcome to Crack!
    11-15-08 07:06 PM
    What version of DM do you have? I have v4.6 and have had no problems.

Agree with Jayden, restart and switch the USB cord to another USB slot. It should then re-recognize the device.
    11-15-08 10:52 PM
    Agreed with Kristi. I also have version 4.6 and it's working great. Try all the suggestions. It should work just fine for you.
    11-16-08 01:09 AM
    Thanks guys,

I did try the restart with switching usb ports. It was still hit and miss. I have version 4.3 of the DM. Maybe I need to find a newer version and try that.
    11-16-08 08:46 AM
    Anyone know where I can find the 4.6 version? I searched the crackberry site, but nothing comes up.
    11-16-08 09:01 AM
    11-16-08 09:12 AM
    Thanks for the help. Got the 4.6 downloaded. Come to find out, it is my connection port on the phone that is acting up.

It charges fine, but I need to hold up on the plug for it to connect to the computer. I guess I will go by the service center and get it fixed tomorrow.

This thing is only 2 months old. Already had to take the GF's phone in for repair, because it would not charge. This port is not very sturdy.

I am going to buy the charging cradle, so it is only pluged in for connecting to the puter!
    11-16-08 04:39 PM
    Seems the USB port is the weakest link in these phones. It's so easy to generate a lot of force on that little port when it's plugged in. A charging cradle would pr9obably be a good idea for the long term. Wish somebody would come up with a way to charge without cords... like a Bluetooth connection... ok, it's nice to dream.
    11-17-08 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD