Hi Everyone,

I am new to these boards and the BB world. I purchased a BB 8830 last night and have figured out how to add application to my BB but I can't figure out how to transfer files from my PC to the BB or tell my BB where to store these files, main memory or SD card. Help please.

Thanks
    06-06-07 08:16 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

Install Desktop Manager (DM) 4.2, connect the BlackBerry to the device, say yes to activating the mass storage, and open Media Manager, within Desktop Manager...

From here you can see the device's C drive and memory card. Alternatively, just connect the device to the pc, say yes to enable mass storage on the device. Now, double click on My Computer (if running Win XP) and you should see a 'new removeable drive' - that's the memory card on the device...
    06-06-07 10:17 PM
    Thank you for the clarification. I was able to add files to my SD card but how do I retrieve them on the device, I added a couple MS Word and Excel files (I have a eOffice suite on my device to review/edit these docs). Or are the SD cards only for pictures, music etc.? Thanks again.
    06-07-07 09:41 AM
    I figured it out, I have to open the document within the third party program.

Thanks anyway.
    06-07-07 10:14 AM
    The only info that appears in the third party window is a blank MS Excel spreadsheet and the title of my intended file, not the actual data in my saved file. Again, are these SD cards only for pictures, music or video? Thanks again
    06-07-07 10:26 AM
    How can I transfer wordpad notepad file to my 8700G BB.I WANT TO HAVE A COPY OF MY RESUME' on my BB.
    EFILE STATES ERROR when converting file .docs.simple wordpad file. Efile conversion doesn't work on .doc or .odt files want to be able to carry files from PC on BB
    Last edited by antoinefinch; 12-21-08 at 01:04 PM.
    12-21-08 12:25 PM
    You should be able to use the same method. Though I sometimes just email myself a file then save the file/attachment.

Possible FYI...on my bb I can explore my storage by opening the media folder, then Menu and then explore.

Hope there was some helpful information there for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD