Just got my Curve. Liking it so far, but I'm hitting a few obstacles. I hope you guys can help me out:

1) I'm trying to install 3rd party apps (like Opera Mini) and the desktop application keeps telling me that they are not compatible with my device. I managed to install a couple over air, but Opera Mini kept telling me that there was no connection (despite the settings in TCP being exactly the ones from the opera mini website for Vodafone UK.) Basically, I'm not having a lot of luck with this...

2) Because I'm using Gmail and it's working via POP, All my email comes through as unread, even though I've read it on my PC. Is there a good/quick way to mark everything in the inbox as read?

That's it for now!

Cheers guys.
    11-19-07 10:05 AM
    1. In Application Loader, are you getting a message "No additional applications designed for your device were found." If so, then do this:
    Application Loader Error - BlackBerryFAQ
    11-19-07 10:14 AM
    Yup, that's the one!

Thanks!
    11-19-07 10:47 AM
    2) Because I'm using Gmail and it's working via POP, All my email comes through as unread, even though I've read it on my PC. Is there a good/quick way to mark everything in the inbox as read?

That's it for now!

Cheers guys.
    You may just want to use IMAP instead. I believe with IMAP, it marks the messaged as read on your device when accessed via PC.

With POP it only deletes off the server if you tell it to, as opposed to being marked as read.
    11-19-07 12:09 PM
    Sounds like a great plan. I was hoping it was possible.

How do I switch to IMAP? Sorry, noob.
    Last edited by Rich; 11-19-07 at 01:12 PM.
    11-19-07 01:06 PM
    New to the group and new to BB. DM 4.3 came with the phone. The issue is that media manager is nowhere to be found! What did I miss or screwup..

Pearl 8130
    11-19-07 01:49 PM
    Rich - to mass-mark your messages as read:

Open messages>make sure you're at the top, and not highlighting a current message>options>mark prior opened.
    11-19-07 02:10 PM
    Rich - to mass-mark your messages as read:

Open messages>make sure you're at the top, and not highlighting a current message>options>mark prior opened.
    Ah!

Nice one! Thanks!
    11-19-07 02:55 PM
    Welcome, Rich!!! Enjoy the site. It rocks! (as you can see)
    11-20-07 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD